Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
The Drifter said:
Wrecked 99' RAV4 sitting over at a salvage lot, about to be crushed. anyone looking for any parts? Deadline is next monday.

Ive got dibs on the:
leather interior
center console/armrest
rims/tires
:twisted:

jsut name a part, ill get the price for you
Still need a rear view mirror :) Could use a steering rack and EGR VSV too but those aren't exactly easy to pop out :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tankd0g said:
Still need a rear view mirror :) Could use a steering rack and EGR VSV too but those aren't exactly easy to pop out :)
well that, and the front end of the car is a complete loss (he ran into someone going about 60pmh from waht the guy told me). everything from the firewall foreward is trash, anythign from the firewall back is i ndamn near perfect condition.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Drifter, here is my list :D :

-the plastic shields under the door handle pulls on the inside of the doors. They are held on by a single screw. All 4 would be great.

-The 2 plastic covers in the rear hatch that covers the area that you access the tops of the shock mounts. (I cut them up installing my rear upper strut bars. Would be great to have a set in case I sell my RAV).

-The O/D button and wiring if it is an automatic. I cut off mines when I installed an aftermarket shifter. It is back to OEM now, without the factory O/D button.

-Both driver and passenger seat belt anchors (the part that the seat belts clips into). Mines are giving me problems with securing properly.

Let me know if you can get these parts and how much I owe you. Thanks. Do you take PayPal? :D

·
Registered
880 Posts
The Drifter said:
tankd0g said:
well that, and the front end of the car is a complete loss (he ran into someone going about 60pmh from waht the guy told me). everything from the firewall foreward is trash, anythign from the firewall back is i ndamn near perfect condition.
Well in that case the rear view mirror and all the plastic that covers the gas tank on the underside I could use. Mine has all fallen off :) If it's too much work to get under it/roll it over then don't worry about it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Does it have factory privacy (tinted) windows? If yes, driver side, rear door.

Roof handle.

What color is the car? If white, front door, passenger side.

Cruise Control Switch.

Please give me a quote before you pull them.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, well, ive got good news and bad news.

Good news:
Bear (owner of bear paint and body) decided not to crush it

Bad news:
He's decided to part the car out on ebay under the name "240fairlady"

Worse news:
The rav is still up for grabs, but hes asking 1000 for it since its considered to be rebuilable (air-bags werent deployed). but he wont part it out otherwise except on ebay.

he said you can feel free to contact his ebay account to work a deal on some parts if need be.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Gordon Bennett, as I used to say in the UK. So much attention for the parts off a trashed Rav (some would say like flies round ****). I am disgusted. These things are Toyotas. They are designed to be driven in states of disrepair. Enjoy your less than perfect Ravs people! Visit Kenya, where I went recently and was impressed by the number of Ravs still running. That will give you a sense of perspective.

If you care about every part and accessory, like matching windows for instance, you should have bought a Lexus!

I could not imagine any sense of pride greater than driving a Rav without rear view mirror, broken windows, with a faulty EGR valve, a wobbly steering rack, broken cup holder, missing plastic shields, disabled O/D, absent seatbelts and only half a roof rack. "Yes, it still moves" I would cry!

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Hey Ian, if you don't mind driving around with missing parts, how about selling me your dual cup holder assembly then??? :shock:

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.