Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my foot off gas, as I want to coast into an intersection where it's red, well in advance.
The 6 spd auto starts to go into neutral ?? and goes into lower gears ??
I feel bit of a drag going into a lower gear, which gear I am not sure, then it shifts again
and the drag is gone...

I've noticed this with a rental 6 spd hyndai sonata,,, otherwise, I've got no other experiences with
a 6 spd./

Anyone else notice this, that there's bit of an abrupt drag during the coasting or downshift ??

(I am in auto matic transmission mode, not manually shifting...)

My other vehicle camry has CVT, no such effect on that..
I love the CVT, and the power of the hybird....

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Try eco mode, it keeps it in the highest gear with the least changing, 5th and 6th are both overdrive. Ya shoulda bought a Rav4HV if ya like Toyota eCVTs, love mine, none of the idiosyncrasies of the 6sp auto and DRCC (cruise control) works perfect, unlike CC on the '15 Ltd I had.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was not sure about the 4x4 capability of the hybrid, so i got the gas,

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The HV will handle any snow that the gas model can deal with given good snow tires on both, the HV has more ground clearance and more power, I've seen no complaints from any HV owners that get a lot of snow, I've driven in 10" of unplowed snow with no issues, it just goes.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/109-4-4-electric-rav4-hybrid-ev/245769-snow-2.html#post2264577
I'll probably be looking at full electric next time around..
hopefully something like rav4 ev
comes around in 15 years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts