Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Any 4.1 owners going to get a 4.3?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but thinking about getting a different vehicle.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you 4.1 RAV owners thinking about getting a new 4.3 RAV; or even something completely different? The V6 sounds enticing; but for me, the styling is a bit bland. For now, I'll be keeping mine's until something interesting comes along and finances permit. :D

What are all your thoughts on this? :D

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I love my 4.1. 8)

Only thing I would consider getting is a 4.2 if they made the 2dr version in the US... :roll:

J

·
0 Posts
I'm happy with my 4.1. Although, I wish they had a 3-dr version of the 4.3 :(
In the future I might get another car :) Until then, my 4.1 is awesome as is :p hehe

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Well... as most of you know... I plan on selling my 10 year old 2DR within the coming months :cry: Believe me... NOT an easy decision when I decided to go with the 2007 FJCruiser instead of the 2006 RAV4 :shock: In fact... every time I drove a V6 RAV at work tonight... I kept thinking... damn... this is one powerful / spunky SUV 8) Oh well... final decision has been made, as I officially placed my FJCruiser order yesterday :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Am very happy with my Rav4.1. It has only got 34000 miles on the speedo and it,s hardly run in. If I did swop it I really fancy either the facelifted 4.2 ( 5door) or the yet to be released Diahatsu (Toyota) Terrios but only with a diesel engine ( which will be a while yet in the UK).
Clare

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
When my Subaru lease is up in a few months my wife and I plan to consolidate into one vehicle. We love our current RAV4 but it isn't quite daily driver material for us - a little lacking in refinement and features. We'll probably make a move into something else. Right now I'm leaning towards a 2007 RAV4 V6 but that may change.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Does it count if I sold my 4.1 BECAUSE of the 4.3, but not TO GET a 4.3? :wink: I think the poll needs an option for "Other"! :lol:

When I found out that the 4.3 was going to be so much bigger than the 4.2, that's when I decided I had better do something about getting a newer vehicle before every vehicle on the planet was too big for me to drive.

FWIW, if I could've afforded it back in 2004, I would've kept both Ravs, 4.1 and 4.2. If I could get my hands back on my 4.1 I'd buy her back in a second now, as we could (barely) afford it now.

How much is yours gonna go for again, Kelly? Ricky and I have always wanted to go to the Pacific Northwest! :wink:

Becky

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Derik, It's nice to see you 4.1 owners who luv their cars and keep them too.

I am not a 4.1 owner but rather a very picky Designer who initially liked the 4.1.
I don’t know which 4.1 model I test drove but the ride was not stiff and responsive enough for me. Maybe under powered but I can’t remember. :roll:

When the 4.2 came out I admired the design for almost 2 years. When I test drove it I was in luv.
I would still buy the 4.2 today. The only thing that I have always complained about it power. It is sufficient for the average person but for me, even with the overdrive off (city), I still want more. I still enjoy seeing other peoples clean and shiny 4.2 (235/60/16) models in the parking lots or driving around.

So my opinion is if you need a new car and like the drive the 4.3 along with it’s looks than go for it. If not patients is never a bad thing. :wink:

Cheers, :D

Walt

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Becky, added the "Other" option just for 'ya. :lol:

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say though. Are you planning on selling your beautiful 4.2 RAV and getting the bigger 4.3? :shock: Or keeping your 4.2 and buying another 2 door 4.1?

Walt, yes; I still love my 4.1. When the 4.2 models first came out, I really liked that design and was tempted to upgrade. But with all the modifications added to it, it was hard to let it go. Now that the 4.3 RAVs have been revealed, I guess I'm back to sticking with the original. :D The FJ Cruisers look mighty tempting though. :lol:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Derek,

I think Becky really luvs the 4.2, Regrets giving up the 4.1, and would like to have another 4.1.

If the FJ Cruiser meets your needs and you really enjoy it after a test drive, than maybe she’s the one. :)

I can see the Fun aspect of the FJ like in the 4.1, 4.2 and some other brands vehicles. Makes you think “Cool car”. 8)

Walt

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks for adding "Other" Derek! :D

Walt's got it right...I'd have a whole fleet of Ravs if I could afford it. Heck, I'd still have Ricky's 4.1 4-door and my 4.1 2-door, as well as my lovely 4.2, given enough money and space. For that matter, I'd add a 4.3 V6 if I had that much money and space. Hmm...and then if I bought the two most famous Ravs in the world (Kelly's and Andrew's), I could open a Rav museum! Just wait until I hit the lottery! Oh...right...gotta play to win. Oh well. :wink:

Becky

[Edit: Hey, weird, "Other" was there, I saw it and voted a day or two ago...now I don't see it. Forum gremlins at work again!]

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Sig228 said:
Kelly Smith said:
Well... as most of you know... I plan on selling my 10 year old 2DR within the coming months :cry:
Will that mean the end of RAV4World? :cry:
Absolutely... positively... NOT :D

RAV4World is my baby :lol: Who knows... my NEXT vehicle (after the FJC) might just be a RAV4 8)

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Kelly,

I say do what you can to keep the RAV... the 2dr model is rare to come by, and retains it's value, at least from what I have seen... I see the 2dr model still selling for basically the same price I bought mine for a while back...

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
We'll see :roll: But that's why I'm thinking about selling now... while it's still worth a fair amount. Just turned 156,000 miles today. If I keep much longer, it's going to need its 2nd timing belt... and of course... water pump :lol:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I wouldn't mind something else but my 2000 Rav is paid for (as is our 99 Grand Prix) and as a 2nd vehicle , it fits the bill just fine .

I like it 's versitility and ability to carry my mountain bikes all over :wink: .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts