Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
If the added light is amber or yellow it apparently is not legal to be used as a brake light in the U.S. Don't know about the country your flag represents (too small and I can't blow it up) but if it is in the EU suggest checking the legal situation there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm confused by the video and the functionality of the LED bar. Clearly it functions as a full width brake light, but I didn't see a description of the rest of the features. Looks like it can operate as a tail light (dim), full brightness brake, turn signal, with support for animations on each?

One item of note is that without the other mod harness that is another $100, the tail lights in the hatch won't operate as brake lights. It appears to me they are in the photos, though it's hard to tell so maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just ordered it here at the best price I've seen. Looks like it should work great.

The other "tail lights" are the DRL actually. If you have either the DRL or Headlights on, those will light up. All that other kit does is keep them on no matter what.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just ordered it here at the best price I've seen. Looks like it should work great.

The other "tail lights" are the DRL actually. If you have either the DRL or Headlights on, those will light up. All that other kit does is keep them on no matter what.
It's amazing the massive swing in prices you see.

You're right about the "other" kit, I'd forgotten that the hatch tail lights are not dual intensity. Correction though, that kit makes them operate is brake lights when the headlights are off, IE during the day when they would otherwise not illuminate.

Reactions: Onestillme
1 - 8 of 8 Posts