Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Readylift kit that has the same concept as that one where it’s spacers instead of a whole new suspension system. I have a 2013 rav4 and the front slopes down so it’s more like a leveling kit with 2” in the front and 1” in the back. I think it looks a lot better that way, although since it is spacers you don’t really get much better off-road ability but it’s simple so you can install it yourself. I can fit larger tires too although I haven’t bought them yet. I’m going to get 235/60,18 falken wildpeak a/t trail after my next 5k miles.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Readylift kit that has the same concept as that one where it’s spacers instead of a whole new suspension system. I have a 2013 rav4 and the front slopes down so it’s more like a leveling kit with 2” in the front and 1” in the back. I think it looks a lot better that way, although since it is spacers you don’t really get much better off-road ability but it’s simple so you can install it yourself. I can fit larger tires too although I haven’t bought them yet. I’m going to get 235/60,18 falken wildpeak a/t trail after my next 5k miles.
Thanks for the reply! I'm mostly interested in gaining some ride height if I ever need to drive through deep snow. Having all the EVAP stuff hanging down lower on the driver's side worries me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Tema 4x4 lift (exactly like the one you're looking at) but only did the leveling up front. I attempted the rear but couldn't pop the spring out for whatever reason. I also have 245/65R17 tires and they don't rub at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
But in the same time you will wear out the CV joints faster because of increased angles. Front and rear if you have 4WD.
Yea I've heard that too but I've seen guys on here and different forums/groups say that they've had them installed for like 4 or 5 years with no problems. It certainly does put more of a strain on those CV joints but I'm not sure how prematurely they'll wear out. Like if you can usually get, let's just say 200k miles out of your stock CV joints, will they wear out at like 150k miles with the lift? I have no idea.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, this is theoretically. Practically it depends where you are driving it. On flat highway it won't be that bad.
I actually have an issue with seeing that people stated they drove so many miles and then assuming that you will do the same.
Going on interstate, constant 70 mph for 1000 miles is nothing. Try to go 1000 miles in summer heat, stop and go traffic, average speed 10 mph and you're in a different category altogether. IMO, the first kind of miles are 1/4 of the second category.
Even the owner manuals make that kind of difference.
Towing, off-road add their own special stressors to the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts