Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find this dash pocket useless because stuff rolls out of it when accelerating. Does anyone use it, and for what?

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
I use it for my small MP3 music player, but I use a small piece of adhesive hook-and-loop (aka Velcro) on the back to prevent it from sliding out. LOL - maybe we accelerate too quickly, especially if we have the V6 !:D

Reactions: pico

·
Super Moderator
11,510 Posts
My sub woofer controls are mounted in there. I also keep a calculator for figuring MPG at fill up and my cell phone. The calculator & phone have a rubberized/silicone cover so they don't move.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking of making a steel safe to put in there. Will have to noodle out how to anchor it.
Does anyone do CB anymore? I haven't had it for over forty years.

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
That's where my sunglasses stay in my wife's car. They never slide out on acceleration.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
We usually have a few music CD's there. And my wife's headband.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put my wallet in it on long trips.

Larry

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put my wallet in it on long trips.

Larry
Good idea!

My doctor told me my back pocket wallet could be responsible for a nerve damage issue. "Don't sit on your wallet" he said. It did help, especially with the RAV4's driver seat.

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
I am thinking of making a steel safe to put in there. Will have to noodle out how to anchor it.
Does anyone do CB anymore? I haven't had it for over forty years.

My only encounter with CB was during the gasoline crisis of the 1970s. But the airwaves were clogged with too many motormouths either blathering on about nothing or wannabe-OTR truck drivers with pretensions larger than their intellects. Donated the CB to Goodwill and haven't bothered since.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Good idea!

My doctor told me my back pocket wallet could be responsible for a nerve damage issue. "Don't sit on your wallet" he said. It did help, especially with the RAV4's driver seat.
Funny you mention that...many years ago, a doctor told me that also. I never listened to him and am now dealing with problems in my left leg.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Right now I keep small packs of Kleenex there, I've been toying with the idea of rigging up a strap to go across the opening held in place w/ Velcro to keep my cords for charging the phone , GPS, etc.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
At one time I had a picture of a little door for that pocket that Toyota sold as an accessory. Of course it was only available in Asia. Seems like Sparks Toyota could order it, but the price was high.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good idea!

I had a therapist tell me the same, and I replied that rumors of my salary were greatly exaggerated. She just told me quit being a smartass and quit sitting on my wallet.:laugh

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The only things I've ever put in that pocket are the cup holder inserts. They fit perfectly, and with their rubbery surface they don't slide around.

Maybe that's what it was designed for?

Reactions: pico

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've wanted a CB but never looked into getting one as I'd be too paranoid about it making the vehicle more likely to be broken into.

I tend to put everything in the upper compartment on the passenger's side and nothing in the aforementioned pocket to avoid the concern of anything getting underfoot while driving.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts