Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning on purchasing my rav4 within a couple weeks...and i'm also expecting my first child in november. i'd like to get a sport, but i'm afraid (from what i've read) that it might be a bit too bouncy for an infant. if so, then it's down to the base for me...

anyone with a baby drive a sport like to share their thoughts? or anyone with a sports trim in general?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somebody will have a real life answer for you. But, I think your fears are unfounded. The ride will not be that much different. I've driven "sport-tuned" suspension vehicles all my life. They just corner better without as much body roll. That's what the European autobahn crowd prefer to drive and they have babies on that continent too.

In the old days here in Appalachia, some people didn't or couldn't afford rocking chairs. They "chucked" their babies to sleep while sitting in a standard chair. It's hard to describe without seeing but it had to be quite a jolt pivoting on the chair legs and coming down rather hard.

Your child will fall asleep not matter what car you have. I've known people that had to take their child for a drive around the neighborhood each nite just to put them to sleep.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Sport and a 2 year old riding in the backseat. Trust me, no issues whatsoever.

She sits back there and watches the Flintstones while Daddy revs the V6. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a 5-month-old in my 2006 Sport. The only problem was getting the carseat in ... Toyota uses some name other than LATCH for their child restraint connectors, so it took me a while to find the connectors. They just had to be different, I guess. Other than that it's fine. They have front and rear strap connectors, which is nice. Also, there is tons of room between the back and front seats, even with the back seat moved forward.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, the LATCH connectors were an initial challenge for me to find too. Eventually I stopped being a GUY and pulled out the manual to find them.. :lol:

They do work well though, the seat doesn't budge once you get it in there right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts