Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on ebay for stuff for my car, and found this one

Has anyone put those in their car? I don't think I have seen them on any pics in the forum.

Miriam

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
We've got a lot of them in our old Owners' Gallery. Do a "guard" search and you'll find plenty... though most of them are on 4.1 models.

Members 10, 82, 104, 141, 146, 164, 192, 271, 306, 330, etc. :)

J

·
0 Posts
garfieldgurl said:
I was looking on ebay for stuff for my car, and found this one

Has anyone put those in their car? I don't think I have seen them on any pics in the forum.

Miriam
I never saw that model on Ebay ! Do you still have the link ? How much is it ?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, you probably could not find it cuz the bid was already over. That grill plus 2 taillight guards were sold for about $240 plus shipping. They were used with small blemishes, taken out of a 2004 that was pre-owned or something like that. Just keep looking on ebay and once in a while you'll find a grill like that. I always do, but since my budget isn't allowing me to indulge in this kinda things, I have to pass :(.
Miriam

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7945862888&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

·
Registered
986 Posts
I contemplated getting a full brush guard, but eventually chose a simple black Westin Safari light bar. Sorry I don't have a pic of it on my Rav right now.

The only reason I wanted some type of brush guard in the first place was because I needed something to mount auxilliary lights on instead of the bumper. I don't like the big ones because they add a lot of weight to the front of the Rav, cost a lot of money, and don't really add any structural protection to the front end.

Orginally I ordered a stainless steel Aries bull bar from a place out in Cali, but when I got it I found it was junk so I sent it back for a refund, which was a nightmare in itself.

I settled on the Westin because it was simple, good quality, and only cost $140 shipped from www.accessconnect.com.

http://www.accessconnect.com./westinsafari.htm

It actually looks even better on the 4.2 Ravs than on the 4.1's, but that's just my opinion. Easy to install and remove, and you can take off the bumper cover without having to remove the light bar. I found the safari bar more practical, whereas the full brush bars may look better.

I also figured if someone were to hit my Rav and damage the brush bar I would rather be down $130 instead of $500. Plus if the bigger brush bars get hit they will puncture your radiator.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Geez, Jeff, you've had the light bar forever and you still haven't upgraded your avatar yet. I wanna see. :shock:
I looked at several grill guards before I finally chose the GoRhino centerguard. I wanted to mount lights like Jeff(which I still have to get around to) but I didn't want them so low to the ground. I didn't want a full guard either with the light guards. Thankfully, GoRhino had just what I needed. It even has a center step so that I pretty much have a step on every side on my Rav. :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
986 Posts
The lights on mine are fog lights so I wanted to put them low to the ground. I had some driving lights on when I first got the bar, however they were too bright to use on the road, so I replaced them with the Hella FF50's. The FF50 fog lights are great and deliver nice focused lighting for the first 30 feet in front of the Rav.

I've been meaning to post new pics for a year, but every time I think about taking some pics, my Rav is either dirty or it's night time outside. I keep trying to remember...

OK so just to make you guys happy I went outside right now and took a couple pics of my Rav. It's dirty and covered in a little snow, and it's nighttime outside so the pics are dark, but they will have to work for now till I get the Rav cleaned up for a photo shoot.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Here is a pic I took today in the daylight, sorry about the post in front, it is frozen to the ground so I couldn't move it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I bought a pair of Manik rear tail light guards, black, aluminum, for $55.25 on eBay. They look great & I'm very happy with them. Next I want a brush guard for the front in black if you have any suggestions...? Thanks!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yes. I bought, and installed myself, the RAV4 TAIL LIGHT BRUSH GUARD by MANIK, in the powder-coated BLACK. The right-hand side (passenger side) guard was tough to install because one of the screws was hard to access-- actually I had to keep the cargo door OPEN at 90 degrees and stick my screwdriver in the SMALL space... what a bear. But they [email protected]@K tres-COOL! Awesome. I just love them.
NEXT ON THE MENU: front grill guard by BLACK HORSE, unless you all have a better suggestion!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts