Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Why punish your car when the magazines will do it for you? there are plenty of test results out there from professional drivers who can get the best from a vehicle. Owners are not likely to match the test results. usually these tests have several runs and they take the best numbers.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's rediculous. Most engine wear comes from starting it. Are you gonna tell us that we shouldn't drive, either? :roll:

I see no reason why anyone shouldn't take their car out and run it hard. It is, afterall, YOUR car.

There's a term for people who only rely on magazine articles to "prove" their car's performance, they're called magazine racers. And NO ONE takes them seriously.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The drag strips don't open until April 1st here in the Chicagoland area. The wife's RAV should be broken-in by then.

I'll be sure to post up the numbers.

When I dyno her car, I'll post those results, too.

S

·
0 Posts
You guys crack me up :lol: Guys we bought an SUV not a race car. Why is it so important? You bought the car because you drove it and were satisified with the acceleration. Why do you have to have your numbers?? Is it just a bragging rights thing that you can banter back and forth with your buddies? I guess its like my cousins at hunting camp going on about muzzle velocity. I really didn't pay much attention to that chatter, but I always manage to bring home the meat with my old 6mm :D I will just wait to see Flyingn numbers and applaud him for his efforts :D

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
ACTUALLY I don't care.
Im just having fun like the rest of the people here. I think every one know these are not race cars. If ya paid attention I too have a 4 and agree that its a suv NOT a race car. I already HAVE a race /show car. Go look at my sig to see it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
sstarrx3 said:
You guys crack me up :lol: Guys we bought an SUV not a race car. Why is it so important? You bought the car because you drove it and were satisified with the acceleration. Why do you have to have your numbers?? Is it just a bragging rights thing that you can banter back and forth with your buddies? I guess its like my cousins at hunting camp going on about muzzle velocity. I really didn't pay much attention to that chatter, but I always manage to bring home the meat with my old 6mm :D I will just wait to see Flyingn numbers and applaud him for his efforts :D
Not everyone can afford to have a weekend toy. For some, the RAV V6 represents the perfect compromise in space/utility and sportiness. (It is faster than the majority of the cars on the road)

Just look at all the posts regarding the V6 models and their impressions. It has nothing to do with race cars vs sport utes. It has everything to do with enjoyment of driving what you have.

This isn't even my car, yet I plan to mod it and take it to the track to see what it will do. Guys/gals into performance always do that. Although, I have to admit, I'm gonna be pissed if it turns out quicker than my daily driver. :evil:

S

·
0 Posts
I certainly don't blame someone for not being interested in racing their new vehicle, but as a good friend of mine who builds race cars once said, a few passes at the track is not much different than walking on it to hurry by a slower moving vehicle.

S

·
0 Posts
I will be taking my RAV to Cayuga when it opens and update you guys on my times. Dyno run after the exhaust and turbo kit go in!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
191 Posts
Over weight

I have a 4.2 with a 2.4L and it has 'adequate power'. But when you add 3 adults and luggages you really can feel the difference. Just try to pass someone up on a hill and you'll know what I'm talking about.

With the 2006 increase in size and the extra 400 lbs. It's like carrying 3 adults around all the time with the same engine.
I test drove the 4 and the V6.
And for my needs... The clear choice is the V6 with an SUV of this size.

Sorry, just my two-cents.

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here is the result from Car and Driver...

C/D TEST RESULTS
ACCELERATION: Seconds
Zero to 30 mph: 2.3
40 mph: 3.2
50 mph: 4.7
60 mph: 6.3
70 mph: 7.9
80 mph: 10.6
90 mph: 13.5
100 mph: 17.0
110 mph: 21.4
Street start, 5–60 mph: 6.5
Top-gear acceleration, 30–50 mph: 3.0
50–70 mph: 3.8
Standing 1/4-mile: 14.9 sec @ 94 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 129 mph

·
Registered
240 Posts
mhgsx said:
The drag strips don't open until April 1st here in the Chicagoland area. The wife's RAV should be broken-in by then.

I'll be sure to post up the numbers.

When I dyno her car, I'll post those results, too.
It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to dyno the car. I tried messing with the transmission the other day and I can't get it to hold 3rd gear. It wants to downshift at WOT. To keep it from downshifting, I'd have to start at a rpm too high. So it wouldn't be worth dynoing.

I'll just have to post up the 1/4 mile numbers. April 1st is opening day at the tracks around Chicago.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts