Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently had this issue. Apple Maps is significantly brighter in the background compared to what it normally is. You cannot read a lot of information, it’s all blurry. Anyone else having this issue with their CarPlay? this does not happen when I use google maps, only for Apple Maps. I have tried re-downloading it and still no luck. Every phone that has been plugged in shows the same issue with the brightness.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE in Magnetic Gray
153 Posts
You can turn on dark mode in CarPlay settings to force it to be darker. It may be set to Auto, which will toggle Dark/Light mode with your car's headlight status.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can turn on dark mode in CarPlay settings to force it to be darker. It may be set to Auto, which will toggle Dark/Light mode with your car's headlight status.
See I did that and it’s still showing up very bright. I have my phone set to dark-mode, Apple Maps doesn’t adjust until it is night time to a dark mode setting. There is no manual to do it for Apple Maps. I’ve tried a bunch of different solutions and I can’t seem to get it to work properly. Hmmm I am replacing the radio soon with a slightly bigger one aftermarket, I’ll use google maps in the mean time haha

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE in Magnetic Gray
153 Posts
See I did that and it’s still showing up very bright. I have my phone set to dark-mode, Apple Maps doesn’t adjust until it is night time to a dark mode setting. There is no manual to do it for Apple Maps. I’ve tried a bunch of different solutions and I can’t seem to get it to work properly. Hmmm I am replacing the radio soon with a slightly bigger one aftermarket, I’ll use google maps in the mean time haha
No, while in CarPlay go to the Settings app. There is a light/dark/auto appearance setting. AFAIK, that is separate from your phone's appearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, while in CarPlay go to the Settings app. There is a light/dark/auto appearance setting. AFAIK, that is separate from your phone's appearance.
I have tried this already. Still has not worked. Might be the radio itself having a glitch. Thank you for replying iTim! Appreciate it lots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts