Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a '95 RAV 4 and I am changing the center console and would like to do a few other thinks to it.

One of the main things I would like to do is to log the speed/RPM's and a few other things and I was wondering if I can splice into any of the wires going into instrument panel and get a signal of them for an arduino or Pi.

Thanks,
AboodY

·
Registered
10,514 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hello,

I have a '95 RAV 4 and I am changing the center console and would like to do a few other thinks to it.

One of the main things I would like to do is to log the speed/RPM's and a few other things and I was wondering if I can splice into any of the wires going into instrument panel and get a signal of them for an arduino or Pi.

Thanks,
AboodY
I'm not familiar with the 95, but if it has an OBDII port, there are numerous documented projects for use with the arduino.

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 95, but if it has an OBDII port, there are numerous documented projects for use with the arduino.
Interesting. Abzstrak, can you give us some links?

BTW, can it make ANY RAV4...FASTER? OK, I'm a little greedy, I have the APEXI NEO installed. Man, does it work. If you tinker with the Arduino, I'd suggest to lean out the mixture. But you have to install a AEM O2 sensor.
A gauge to monitor it. With a good 2.25 exhaust pipe with performance mufflers with a header. You'll be surprise how much you can get out of the engine N/A engine. Along with some other, small stuff, you'll have some fun. Not neck breaking torque but it'll work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'95 RAV4 has a "diagnostic port" which is why I am in need to splice into wires and not just plug in

·
Registered
5 Posts
'95 RAV4 has a "diagnostic port" which is why I am in need to splice into wires and not just plug in
The simplest would be to go via the OBDII port, if it has it. To interface it with the arduino, I would suggest the ELM357 (which is kind of expensive, now) or the STN1110, which is less expensive.

They both change the CAN network to UART.

I'm starting to work on a similar project with the STN1110 and Microchip's PIC18F4550.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts