Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a nice black WeatherTech cargo liner for my wife's '05 RAV4. The problem is, I can't seem to find black floor liners for the front - either from WeatherTech or Husky.

Am I just looking in the wrong places? Tan obviously does not work, and the Husky gray just does not work with the dark interior of the car.

Andreas

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Andreas

You got it right, Huskey only makes Grey and Tan for the 05 RAV. I recently added the Gray ones in the front, back and cargo area and IMHO they look pretty darn good with the charcoal interior. :lol:

I just finished installing a Draw-Tite 2” receiver hitch. This truly was a simple operation. No cussin, no cutting, no belly achin… Simply remove the two bolts and tie downs on each side, align the hitch to the holes and bolt into place. Entire project for under $140.00 dollars. I wish all mods were this easy.

How's your horn replacement coming?

Peace

Shorty

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shorty,
Thanks for the reply. Could you post pics of both the front Husky Liners as well as the hitch? I have Huskies in my 4Runner so I am familiar with them - would just like to see how the gray works with that dark interior.

I will attend to the horn issue next week - need to get away with the wife for a few days first!

Andreas

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andreas,

You are shamming me into coming in line with the 21st century… regrettably I do not own a digital camera. Booooooo… Shame on me! However, I will check with one of the techno phoebes that I work with and see if I can borrow one to take some happy snaps.

BTW the Draw-Tite hitch has an extremely low profile in that it resides completely under the vehicle chassis and does not protrude past the spare tire cover. Even though I won’t be able to use all of it’s rated towing capability 3500 lbs, it will provide an avenue for hauling my bicycle, cargo hitch and other accessories.

Next I need to find a Hoppy Lite-Mate trailer wiring kit for the RAV (part # 43465) so that I can plug in the lights for my cargo hitch. I believe Wal Mart sells them, I just hope they have one in stock.

Will try and expedite the pics. Stay tuned.

BTW, I've learned one thing in 20 years of marrage, if the wife is not happy, no one in the house is happy... Take her away and have a GREAT weekend!

Regards

Carlos

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have the charcoal interior as well and bought the grey Husky All weather mats. They blend in just fine. The grey matches great with the grey from the panels so they blend well together. Of course, since you already got a black cargo mat, there might be some color clashing now. :wink:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the gray looks just fine... you won't be disappointed. I love mine and they've definitely earned their keep 10 times over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts