Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2008 Sport and now have a 2009 Limited V6 and it seems like the hood and headlights were different, more rounded on my 08. Even when I look at pics of the older one it looks softer I guess. Are there differences? One I know for sure are the headlights. This one has plastic ridges that stick out a little, the 08 didn't.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
yes they are different...
fog lights
headlights
turn signal indicators on side view mirrors
the rear spoiler got a little bigger on the sport models i think
front bumper cover
grille....also the 2008 has the antenna on the front right fender and the 2009 has it on the rear roof area
the fenders are the same with exception to the antenna mount...i also believe the hood is the same, but not totally sure...
taillights are also different
wheel designs also changed
starting in 2009 limited models also got fender flares that were only on sport models from 06-08...
also starting in 2009 the S.A.P. version became available (sport model with no spare tire)...that model also has red badging instead of the black on other models...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually like the way the door opens on the one I have and the under storage is awesome. It's one of the reasons I probably won't ever get the newer Rav4. I love compartments. Like being able to put things under the back seats. My next upgrade a few years from now will probably be a 2014 Highlander.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts