Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the sheet metal of the body hasn't changed since 2013. Is that true?

Or is there a difference between the hybrid and non hybrid? I think the battery is in the trunk.

I'm trying to find a hitch for a 2017 Hybrid Limited, but it seems like many manufacturers haven't updated their fitment databases.

So I'm curious which years/trims would be interchangeable? :confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I work at a dealership and know the hitches are all the same mounting, however the wiring can be much different. Pay the extra for the Toyota wiring too. You don't want those expensive led taillights getting zapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work at a dealership and know the hitches are all the same mounting, however the wiring can be much different.
Good to know. Thanks! I just want the hitch for a bike rack for now, so no wiring is involved.

Since you seem intimately knowledgeable about these vehicles, are the steel uni-bodies really all the same for all trims since 2013?

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Mounting points are the same, but there was a change made for 2015 with the addition of a plastic cover on the driver's side that has to be removed or trimmed to allow clearance for the left mount. 2016> have a faux skid plate/garnishment that may need to be trimmed for clearance with some hitches, the Torklift Ecohitch being one of them.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/109-4-4-electric-rav4-hybrid-ev/217178-anybody-install-hitch-yet.html

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/125-4-4-exterior/98673-tow-hitch.html#post2129857

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just get the Curt hitch and in 30 minutes you will have it bolted up. 4 bolts mount exactly into the pre drilled and threaded holes in your frame. Their website even has a video of the install.
I put mine on in May and love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts