Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has no 05 Ravs left on the lot, but the Highlanders they have are being offered at 1.9% and discounted(I haven't seen that before). They commented that the Highlander will be a harder sell wth the new Rav available. This leads to my question, since Toyota Canada has no mention of the new Rav on their website I am wondering if they still have a bunch of 05's to unload(and possibly Highlanders too) before marketing the new model. Usually new models come with lots of hype (they sure are aggressive with the Yaris ads, both web and tv) . Anyone out there notice how many Ravs are sitting on their local dealers lots?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Sibbo I will drive into my dealers lot and see how many they have over here in TO. They claimed they had the largest selection 3 years ago and their lot was packed.

·
Registered
685 Posts
There are rarely any RAVs on the lot in Truro and when there are they move pretty fast.......especially the Chili's. Don't believe there are any now but I'll check.

Keep in mind if you're interested, they'll bring one in from anywhere in the Maritimes, they just do an exchange on any coming in..... They sold the Chili I test drove in February within days and had to bring another up from a Halifax dealer, luckily they had the color I wanted and of course, everything else was the same.....

Another thing of interest is, are any of the Cdn dealers selling below the Access price on the website......mine wasn't in March....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's how I got mine, actually. my dealer had no maual trannies(hard to find) but they told me they could do a swap with one in Bridgewater NS, the only silver 5 speed available anywhere at the time. I didn't like the idea of somebody putting the first 800 kms on my new vehicle so I drove the replacement to them and drove my own back. My dealer even gave me meal allowance and something for my time(they probably would have had to give it to whoever else anyway) . I have not bought a new Toyotas since the access thing was brought in, I have a good relationship with my dealer and feel they treated me well on my last purchase, but this whole no haggle thing is a bit scary for the next go around, especially if no dealers seem to be going below that price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts