1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
R4P XSE, Weather Package only, Silver
681 Posts
Right Side Part: 8111742830
Left Side Part: 8115742830
Search for cheapest price with shipping, or buy from your dealer
Easy install. Keep the curved end facing forward; the diagonal end facing the rear.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
334 Posts
Right Side Part: 8111742830
Left Side Part: 8115742830
Search for cheapest price with shipping, or buy from your dealer
Easy install. Keep the curved end facing forward; the diagonal end facing the rear.
Those part numbers have been updated to:
8111742831 and

For cyber weekend, the official Toyota parts web site (parts.toyota.com) has 10% off, plus you get free shipping to your local dealer in the USA.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Those part numbers have been updated to:
8111742831 and

For cyber weekend, the official Toyota parts web site (parts.toyota.com) has 10% off, plus you get free shipping to your local dealer in the USA.
Yep. Before the numbers changed I got both of mine for $14.42 plus $10.00 shipping.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I washed my car and had no water enter the engine compartment? The headlights have a small lip on them to keep water out and the hood closes tightly to the headlights. I have two other Rav4 (2008, 2017) and they don’t have seals either. No reason for this mod in my opinion.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I washed my car and had no water enter the engine compartment? The headlights have a small lip on them to keep water out and the hood closes tightly to the headlights. I have two other Rav4 (2008, 2017) and they don’t have seals either. No reason for this mod in my opinion.
Correct. I did it to deter debris and rain from entering while driving a highway speeds. Might improve aerodynamics by a miniscule percent. Might close another entrance point for rodents while parked. BTW, I'm OCD. LOL

·
Registered
73 Posts
Font Material property Screenshot Technology Multimedia

Font Material property Screenshot Technology Multimedia
Just now looked into this "Cyber Weekend Sale". One side is $23.35 after the super duper discount, and free shipping to my Toyota dealership only applies to orders over $75.00. Sooooo, $46.70 plus tax plus shipping, and I get to drive 76 miles to go pick it up. OBTW, the "fit check" seems to indicate that it does not fit the 2021 RAV4 Prime (I believe this forum that it "does" fit.) I'm walking away (back to the fridge for some turkey leftovers.)

·
Registered
334 Posts
View attachment 174408
View attachment 174408 Just now looked into this "Cyber Weekend Sale". One side is $23.35 after the super duper discount, and free shipping to my Toyota dealership only applies to orders over $75.00. Sooooo, $46.70 plus tax plus shipping, and I get to drive 76 miles to go pick it up. OBTW, the "fit check" seems to indicate that it does not fit the 2021 RAV4 Prime (I believe this forum that it "does" fit.) I'm walking away (back to the fridge for some turkey leftovers.)
You misread the web site. The free shipping for orders over $75 is free shipping to your home (or anywhere else in the USA). But all orders have free shipping to your local dealer. But you have to first select the dealer (the "shop now" button), then select "Local Pickup" (free shipping). Again, any order has free shipping to the dealer. I've done it for years.

Product Rectangle Font Line Material property

·
Registered
334 Posts
1. Out of curiosity, I looked on Ebay to see how many used headlights for sale had the seals (2021 rav4 (original, oem) headlight in Parts & Accessories | eBay)
Out of the dozens I looked at, only one appeared to have the seals: 21 2021 TOYOTA RAV4 RAV 4 OEM DRIVER LEFT LED HEADLIGHT HEADLAMP XLE | eBay. The donor vehicle was Canadian built (2 VIN number).
From that, it appears that very few RAV4s in the US have the seals.

2. When looking at the Toyota parts web site for those parts, when you select "What this fits", it says they only come on Japan built vehicles (J VIN number).

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
547 Posts
1. Out of curiosity, I looked on Ebay to see how many used headlights for sale had the seals (2021 rav4 (original, oem) headlight in Parts & Accessories | eBay)
Out of the dozens I looked at, only one appeared to have the seals: 21 2021 TOYOTA RAV4 RAV 4 OEM DRIVER LEFT LED HEADLIGHT HEADLAMP XLE | eBay. The donor vehicle was Canadian built (2 VIN number).
From that, it appears that very few RAV4s in the US have the seals.

2. When looking at the Toyota parts web site for those parts, when you select "What this fits", it says they only come on Japan built vehicles (J VIN number).
Yeah, US spec RAV4s don’t have them. That’s why people are adding them. I’ve seen speculation that they exist in the countries that have headlight sprayers available to stop the spray from getting under the hood.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts