Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first one is a pic I took at the car dealership of the pearl white.

Second one is from a members car here thats from japan and its pearl white as well..

to me the jap one looks better? Or are they the same and its just the way the pictures came out? This has been drivin me nuts!

Thanks guys/gals

R'

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have noticed that the Toyota colors seem to look much diffeent under different conditions of sun, shade or showroom lighting.

I am interested in the red and if I did not know better I would say RAV4 comes in 4 different shades but it doesn't. But under different lighting it seems to look red, metallic red or a medium candy apple or some mix of all of the above.

·
Registered
758 Posts
JIMD4, nailed it!
I have noticed that the Toyota colors seem to look much different under different conditions of sun, shade or showroom lighting.
I have this color and what he described is correct. From a distance in the sun, it almost has a cream color hue to it, like a real pearl. As you get closer and go to the shaded side the brilliant pearl goes away and almost looks like normal White with Silver overspray :?:

Awhile back someone asked to see the difference between White and Blizzard Pearl. I took a close up picture with the sun hitting it like the bottom picture (Japan) it has an abundance of Blue! It all has to do with the angle of viewing it and lighting, it can be seen in my album.

It's unique for sure, but the Everglade Metallic does the same thing 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm ok so is that a yes they are the same color?

I even have a pic of an AUS pearl white that looks more like the jap version. I have yet to see a US pearl that looks like those.

Flyingn says all built at same factory and paint has same quality do you mean same color?

Sorry if I am just not gettin it.

Thanks

R'

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I thought u asked if the the Japanese white 'looked better'I took that as the paint was a better process. Anyway, the colors all seem the same all around the world BUT the names of these colors vary..

The white pearl you see in Japan is exactly same as we get here in the US. I have seem many here

·
Registered
758 Posts
I even have a pic of an AUS pearl white that looks more like the jap version. I have yet to see a US pearl that looks like those.
I wonder if it could be the filter used on the camera taking the pictures. Any photographers out there?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think it is the same color but the headlights look better. Maybe our brain suggest that the color is better too... :doh:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Paint Color

I agree that pearl paints exhibit different characteristics in different light and that is clearly visible in the photo's above. I have another vehicle (candy apple red) which cannot be photographed to accurately reflect it's true color, as seen with the naked eye, this is particularly apparent with digital cameras and blue pearl, (WRX) which for some reason tend to bring out green tinges that are not visible normally.

But to answer the question I think you would need to compare the paint codes.

Further to that though, the Jap one above appears to be photographed in perfect light conitions to emphasise the pearl look where as the US one is mostly in shadows.

It's all irrelevant anyway as you should be getting a black one....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts