Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw something on my brand new RAV that made me wonder what they are. This is a 2015 model. Are they lights of some type, or maybe a spot for future lights, or just dead space decoration? They look like LED lights, upon the briefest of inspections during the dark of last night after I got home from the dealer.

When you look at the nose of the car, on either side of the center Toyota logo is a slightly sloping upward, (as you go toward the light box from the center), a chrome strip that bisects the air intake for the radiator. Follow that line outward into the light box. Below that line are the amber turn signals. Above that, about the same size, is the area I wonder about. Is it just non-functional 'decoration', or the location for LED lights in future versions? The manual makes no mention of that location.

If it is dead space, it would make a neat location for daytime LED running lights.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
This has been brought up before in multiple threads. In Europe and other regions, there are indeed LED's in that location. But in N. America, it is just an empty space. One guy did install LED's there, but it's not a simple job.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This has been brought up before in multiple threads. In Europe and other regions, there are indeed LED's in that location. But in N. America, it is just an empty space. One guy did install LED's there, but it's not a simple job.
Sorry. You may delete/close the thread. Stupid me for not searching first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts