Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Are you wiping the nozzle and buttons with anti-septic wipes before you fill up at the gas station?

• Yes

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you wiping the nozzle and buttons with anti-septic wipes before you fill up at the gas station?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Not driving much due to governor's "no go" orders. Wiping is unsafe without rubber gloves. So when I need fuel next time I have a small spray bottle with 70% alcohol that I will use while wearing gloves. Unless of course I get struck by lightning first.

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
No worries here - with few exceptions we're not allowed to pump our own gas in Oregon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven’t yet, because I’m still at half-a-tank since this whole mishegoss began. And I’m not likely to wipe it down before I use it, anyway. I keep a canister of (very wet) Lysol hand wipes in a trash bin behind the console in the floor of the back seat. And that’s for when I just feel lazy: At my regular station, I usually walk all the way inside the convenience store to wash my hands in the men’s room and grab a Coke on the way out. 😏👍🏻😜🥤

Reactions: Cindilu2

·
Registered
115 Posts
I carry napkins in my car. I just wrap a napkin around the nozzle handle and over the keypad buttons. Then discard the napkin before I get back in the car. I feel safe enough. I hope.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Garden gloves, put on, pump gas, pull off without touching the outside of the glove, leave sitting in the door panel. Not touched until, quite a while later, we need gas again. By then the stuff has died. Hands washed, house door knob wiped off a few times a day.

Steering wheel wiped off also.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Gloves.

Reactions: missyrav4

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does anyone de-bug your credit car?
I use a lot of the gas station apps that allow you to activate a pump on your phone using Apple Pay or a stored payment method. Shell does make you enter a code on the pump but aforementioned gloves help with that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a little bottle of hand sanitizer in the cup holder. Use after getting gas, etc.

Reactions: Kokodude

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I just overfill my tank and spill gas everywhere. Gasoline is a disinfectant, right?
For sure. Wipe your hands and wash your face for a good measure.

Reactions: Deejayq

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am using food service grade plastic gloves that I can discard after each use. Make sure you remove gloves the proper way and not touching the outside surface but the inside of the glove for the last glove you remove. I squirt the card with a little of sanitizer. The best analogy I heard is think of the virus as glitter and you don;t want it to get on you. Glitter that hand sanitizer dissolves

Another area of concern is your food. Make sure you pay attention to it and think of how clean it.

·
Premium Member
7,917 Posts
I have a little bottle of hand sanitizer in the cup holder. Use after getting gas, etc.
I keep sanitizer in my pocket by itself, use it before I touch anything else, even wipe the bottle down while my hands are still wet.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts