Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Are you wiping the nozzle and buttons with anti-septic wipes before you fill up at the gas station?

• Yes

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Registered
I just overfill my tank and spill gas everywhere. Gasoline is a disinfectant, right?

Excellent. I can now look at my hard to fill tank as a feature, not a bug. Keep trying to fill it until gas spews out, then wash hands in gas. Perfect.

Registered
2019 RAV4 XSE
don't see an option "I don't go to the gas station at all". my car is parked in garage for good 2 weeks now and I'm sitting on a packs of TP, so don't need to go out anywhere!

Registered
Here in Florida I can't find anything, gloves, wipes, hand san...nothing. Somebody on here mentioned using napkins. Think I'll try that. Better than nothing.
Good luck to all you guys.

Registered
I took a old pair of gardening gloves, they sit in the car used to fill the car. Hand sanitized afterwards. But not getting gas very often. Do need to go get some so I can mow the grass.

Registered
I always sanitize. Gas pumps have long grossed me out. Kwik trips around us have sanitizer outside which is nice. Funny thing I saw Weathertech coming out with a fuel glove before all this mess, and I though it sounded dumb. Not so much now.

Registered
Are you wiping the nozzle and buttons with anti-septic wipes before you fill up at the gas station?
FYI, Many of the wipes that the CDC approves for killing the Corona Virus require 4 minutes of wet contact to kill the virus. Some even longer. There is a document on the CDC site that shows which ones work and which ones don't, and the exposure time needed to work properly. Just use disposable gloves and take them off before you get back in the car. Remember, your credit card has touched stuff too.

Registered
nope, but i have a bottle of hand sanitizer that i use everytime i get back in the car
Under normal conditions, this would be fine, but even the owner of Purell wasn't sure how effective this stuff is against corona virus. Most people say soap is better, but by that time, you are already home and have touched all kinds of things. Gloves are the way to go.

Registered
All you have to do is wear gloves when you touch the handle and the buttons or keep sanitizer in your car to use when you back in your car. If you do wear gloves, please put them in a trash bag in your car and not on the parking lot.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts