Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 6 1/2 years, the red buttons on my front seat belt buckles have faded into pink. The rear buttons are fine. Last time I saw this was on my mother's 1984 Cressida! You would think Toyota might have found a better plastic in all this time! The buttons on my 19-year old Maxima are not faded in the least.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Maybe the phenomenon is a Toyota built-in ploy to have owners think that it is time they should trade in their Toyotas for new ones!:D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
After 6 1/2 years, the red buttons on my front seat belt buckles have faded into pink. The rear buttons are fine. Last time I saw this was on my mother's 1984 Cressida! You would think Toyota might have found a better plastic in all this time! The buttons on my 19-year old Maxima are not faded in the least.

you dont have a prescription windshield by any chance?...could be magnifying the suns rays leading to excessive "pinking"

·
Registered
244 Posts
Use a electricat heat gun to, very carefully and with short exposures, heat the pink parts a bit, and they will turn quite a bit red again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts