Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autoblog: Nissan recalls 466,000 X-Trails globally

Nissan is recalling some 466,000 of its X-Trail worldwide due to a potentially defective fuel inlet pipe. We're not sure how we missed this one (but it could have something to do with the fact that the automaker has kept the compact SUV next door in Canada), but it bears noting for our international readers, as well as for those keeping score in the home version of The Recall Game.

[Source: Motoring iAfrica]

According to Nissan's recall, an 'inappropriate' pipe coating could result in a rusty refueling pipe (primarily in 2000-2004 models), causing a gas leak. Thus far, the automaker has received word of 49 defective pipes, but no injuries have resulted.

Globally, the recall affects about 177,000 European and 142,000 Japanese X-Trails, with the rest being sold elsewhere.

·
Registered
771 Posts
X-Trail is a nice ride! Tonnes of accessories for it if you're into that. Was a runner-up for us while RAV shopping. Pricey though for what it is. Just another CRV knock-off, not real exciting to drive but a good alternative choice all the same.

I forgot the fact that you guys don't have it in the U.S. Sucks really.

Later. M.

·
Registered
423 Posts
That,s a newone on me, I didn,t know that you don,t get the X trail in the USA. We get it in the UK and it is a popular SUV probably more popular than the Honda CRV. The only problem with the Xtrail is that it is built in the UK (I think at Sunderland) and I always tend to think that UK built SUV,s are not a patch on Japenese built ones
Clare

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Nope... we don't get the X-Trail here in the U.S. Is it similar to our X-Terra? :)

Looking at pictures of the X-Trail, it reminds me of an Toyota Highlander or Subaru Forrester in profile. The back end tail lamps look like those similar to a CR-V. The front looks like a Nissan Frontier pickup. :?

Not too sure about Nissan quality though.
According to Consumer Reports, Nissan has reliability problems with a few of their recent models: Armada, Titan, and Quest. Probably because those aren't built in Japan :?:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Here is a review. Some impressive list of equipment. Diesel with 199 ft/lb of torque. 6 speed manual. Worth a look. Wonder why they chose not to sell to the U.S.?

Later. M.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Probably because we already get the Pathfinder and X-Terra; too much direct competition with similar SUVs :?:

But then again, Toyota has so much SUVs to choose from; they've pretty much filled every niche except an small SUV. I don't consider the 4.3 RAV in the same small SUV category anymore.

Let's see, Toyota SUVs include:

RAV4
Highlander
FJ Cruiser
4Runner
Land Cruiser

They have an SUV to fit anyones requirements. :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
Derek said:
Nope... we don't get the X-Trail here in the U.S. Is it similar to our X-Terra? :)

Looking at pictures of the X-Trail, it reminds me of an Toyota Highlander or Subaru Forrester in profile. The back end tail lamps look like those similar to a CR-V. The front looks like a Nissan Frontier pickup. :?

Not too sure about Nissan quality though.
According to Consumer Reports, Nissan has reliability problems with a few of their recent models: Armada, Titan, and Quest. Probably because those aren't built in Japan :?:
In addition to that, Renault owns about 45% of Nissan which is a unimpressivie car company. I think they stopped selling cars in the USA around the time I was born. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts