Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Hey Guys,
Just picked up a very clean low mileage (80,000 miles) 2001 Rav4 standard awd. Has been undercoated most of its life. Came with a new safety inspection and new bf goodrich tires for $2500.
Bought this for winter transportation only, but wanted to see for myself how effective the awd system is in it. Had it off roading a few times in the last few weeks...and am quite impressed!
Went out today with a few buddies with 4x4 trucks. Went way back in the sticks on rocky logging roads fit for only atvs. Was waiting for a blown tire or something. Nothing happened. It crawled its way up steep hills with ease. Who needs a big expensive full framed 4x4 when these Rav's are cheap to buy and are very effective on rough terrain. Going to add a 1.5" lift kit and bigger tires soon. I have heard for years people saying how well they worked. I now can understand why.:smile

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
Congrats on getting a RAV4 and welcome to RAV4World!

Good for you on getting the standard. The automatic has been know to have ECM problems that cause harsh shifting and can damage the tranny over time. Just watch out for the "popping out of 5th" problem!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts