Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
We only get between 32-35 MPG in the warmer seasons here. That is superb MPG, close to what the hybrid Camry or Accord gets.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Maybe there is a fuel leak somewhere? :confused:

When the weather gets warmer, the MPG goes higher. For me personally I got a personal best tank going 40.8 MPG according to Fuelly. The RAV itself was saying it was 41.9, but its a bit off. Either way, when the temps are warm, you will see some great mileage but it depends on driving style. As I see more RAV4 Hybrids on the road, I always wonder what those people flying in the left lane get.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The value "After Start" is not much relevant as it shows the MPG of your current ride after you started the engine. The relevant value is what you get after refuel as average. My best consumption value was 4.8 l/100km which is about 49 MPG on 30km (19 miles) ride. I do not count short rides (under 5km or 3 miles) where occasionally I'm able to get over 80 MPG (or less than 3l/100km).
Toyota advertisements here in Europe claim 5.1 l/100km (urban) which is about 46 MPG (US gallon). I thought it was a joke but it can be achieved with light foot in Eco mode and if you can play with the battery. But if you turn on the "Sport" mode then it becomes a little hungry sporty beast...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Found a 25-40mph winding road. 4 people AC on. Hybrid seems to like these conditions, used the radar also :)

(Including coldstart and then sitting 3 hours midpoint)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts