Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just acquired a stock, one-owner 1996 RAV4 4Dr. AWD on eBay with just under 150k on the engine in fantastic condition. This is my very first SUV and I'm in love with it already; I plan to keep it as long as I can and maybe acquire a 2-door RAV4 convertible with the soft top in the near future. This is the third Toyota I've owned; I previously owned a 1979 Celica GT liftback and a '74 Celica ST, both of which I know are now sought after as collector cars. At what point is the 1996 RAV4 going to be considered a collector car? Here in Maryland, it's old enough to be registered as a historic vehicle but its value isn't in line with similar collector cars yet.

Your thoughts? :ponder:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi all,

I just acquired a stock, one-owner 1996 RAV4 4Dr. AWD on eBay with just under 150k on the engine in fantastic condition. This is my very first SUV and I'm in love with it already; I plan to keep it as long as I can and maybe acquire a 2-door RAV4 convertible with the soft top in the near future. This is the third Toyota I've owned; I previously owned a 1979 Celica GT liftback and a '74 Celica ST, both of which I know are now sought after as collector cars. At what point is the 1996 RAV4 going to be considered a collector car? Here in Maryland, it's old enough to be registered as a historic vehicle but its value isn't in line with similar collector cars yet.

Your thoughts? :ponder:

It is already a classic to me.
I have been very upset with the value it holds. Not because I own it and I want to use it for any financial gains but because I think this is one of those forgotten and neglected old Toyotas that one day people will realize that it should have been kept and restored.
I am really surprised that the old Tercels are going for more than the RAVs..

Time shall tell !!

I will be the guy owning one in great condition then... :-D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I still need a few more years here in New York for my 1997 to become a historical vehicle. I hope my baby will last until then. I keep getting told to save up for a newer and better car, and that old cars aren't worth putting money into. I see their point, but I just love the car so much, I want to hold onto it so I can give it historical plates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts