Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what happens when the driver of an Audi TT meets meets an 18-wheeler, jersey wall and bus the hard way? He lives! :shock:

AutoBlog: Audi dealer lucky to be alive after being sandwiched by runaway rig, tour bus

A New Jersey Audi dealer is counting his blessings after a frightening crash left him with surprisingly minor injuries. The crash happened when an overloaded
[by 16,000 pounds!], bald-tired 18-wheeler careened into Bryan Pacelli's lane crushing his Audi TT against a barrier, just in time for a charter bus to sandwich him from behind. The whole incident was captured in dramatic fashion by a dash cam mounted on the trailing bus.

Pacelli, 39, is expected to make a full recovery, and credits the TT with saving his life. When asked about his next vehicle choice, he says he plans on buying a bigger car. May we suggest something in an S4, Bryan?

[Source: KATU]

You have to see the video footage of the crash! Holy moly!! :shock: :?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Saw that video clip the day CNN and others started showing it......WOW!!!.....you see the black car being hit and pushed under the 18 wheeler and figure no one can survive that......
Good to hear he'll be alright!!!!!
It's a wonder anyone wasn't killed as you can see the "overweight" 18 wheeler in the far right lane doing an out of control left swerve........

.....wish I could afford a TT......German Engineering Rocks!!!....but I've got it's much older cousin :roll: :wink: ......hope no one hits IT....there'll just be a pile of rust left :lol:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Derek said:

The Audi TT is basically an arch on wheels. Any structural engineer could tell you that they are inherently strong. Arches were used to support the Roman Aquaducts and Colliseum, and could withstand much pressure. Maybe that is a reason for the TT's crash-worthiness? Then again, I could be wrong. :lol:
I think the fact that it fit under the trailer is probably what saved him, hard to believe he still has a head though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts