Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Monday Everyone!

I found a thread for Google Maps but couldn't find anything for Apple. I'm trying to find a way to use iPhone maps instead of the built in navigation on the Rav4. I don't need the visual navigation on the screen, just the audio. When my phone is connected via bluetooth, I lose the map audio on my phone. I'm assuming it has something to do with the bluetooth connection. I'm able to connect via bluetooth fine and see my contacts, make calls, etc.

I just don't have any audio for turn-by-turn directions. I'd like it play over the stereo if possible. I know I can turn off bluetooth on my phone to just hear phone audio but I'd like a more streamlined solution. :)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have not tried it yet with our new RAV4 - but, why would it not be the same for Apple as the Google option your found? (can you provide a link to that)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not tried it yet with our new RAV4 - but, why would it not be the same for Apple as the Google option your found? (can you provide a link to that)
There are a few threads out there. I think I just searched for "iPhone maps". The Google option won't work because the settings are specific to the Google Maps App. In other words, you change the audio settings within the app itself. Apple Maps do not have the same options since it's a different App.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 2017 (no Entune navigation), I can play music from my iPhone via Bluetooth and Waze, Apple Maps, and Google Maps will all lower the volume of the music and give directions. Obviously, if not playing music, then just directions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts