Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
I’m getting a full audio installation done on my 1997 Toyota Rav4 w/all time 4wd, Automatic.
The amp I’m running thw whole system on is a class FD that says it has a max of 2000 watts output. I’m putting components speakers in the front running at 80rms, coaxials in the rear running at 75rms, and a subwoofer that will be running inbetween 200-300 watts. I was wondering if my battery and alternator would be fine supplying enough power. I also purchase some 4awg wire to hook up the amp to my battery. That is all, if anyone has any suggestions to add or remove or anything to do with car audio. Feel free to leave a message!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You'll notice some draw when idling, and in park. If your alternator is fine, you'll be fine. However, going with a Capacitor set up, 1 farad would be plenty, and even a secondary battery if you can find a mounting area for it would be ideal.

I'd go with a Capacitor for sure, if it was me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll notice some draw when idling, and in park. If your alternator is fine, you'll be fine. However, going with a Capacitor set up, 1 farad would be plenty, and even a secondary battery if you can find a mounting area for it would be ideal.

I'd go with a Capacitor for sure, if it was me.

Good luck.
Thank you some much for your help! It’s actually running just fine with everything installed but I’ll definetly add a Capacitor Set Up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts