Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
V6 2010 model.
I want to know what head unit will fit nicely into the space there, when the standard system is removed.
I want a unit thats compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone, so I can use the phones maps and messages and hands free etc.
Anyone have any that they recomend and if so, all details and where to buy the units in Australia ? I'd really like a factory look to it too, if possible.
Cheers, Whitey

·
Registered
158 Posts
your best bet is probably an Android unit... I don't like them myself, but from what I know, you would be able to load maps and apps on it that would only require to use your internet access through the phone (Wifi hotspot)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Whitey.
I've just bought a 2009 SX6 and am probably going to buy a Kenwood head unit. They make some that are designed for Toyota and fit straight into the dash and connect to the wiring loom without adaptors.
Look for DDX717WBT or DDX917WBT
(I'm going for a similar discontinued model as it will connect to my old iPod)

Reactions: WHITEY DOWNUNDER

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Whitey.
I've just bought a 2009 SX6 and am probably going to buy a Kenwood head unit. They make some that are designed for Toyota and fit straight into the dash and connect to the wiring loom without adaptors.
Look for DDX717WBT or DDX917WBT
(I'm going for a similar discontinued model as it will connect to my old iPod)
i'm starting to look into replacing the stock headunit in my rav.

with those Kenwood models above how would you use Navigation? Will it only work via android auto and apple car play?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts