Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto duck music for Nav voice prompts & beeps when track/station switching

Is there a way to make music playing auto duck its level when navigation voice prompts occur? If I'm following a nav route, but listening to loud music, I can't hear the nav voice when it speaks. (Yes, I know I can turn up the nav voice volume, but I don't want it fixed at an always very loud level, nor do I want to futz with it every time I want to listen to louder music.)

Also, is there a way to disable the "beep!" sounds whenever I switch music tracks/stations/etc.?

I went through all settings pages and didn't see anything that would offer these options. Perhaps I missed them...?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
What the hell is "auto duck???"

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have no clue what an "Auto duck" is so I can't comment on that. However, you can disable the beep by going through the setup menu and uncheck the option called "beep". I disabled mine because it seemed the beep was always louder than the music.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Ducking" something is another way of saying "lowering"...sort of a music production terminology. Sorry about that. Quack quack!

How did I miss the "beep" option in the menu?? Can you be any more specific as to where it's located, Homer3D? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
How did I miss the "beep" option in the menu?? Can you be any more specific as to where it's located, Homer3D? Thanks for your help.
With the radio on.

Hit APPS, select SETUP, then select GENERAL

Scroll down to BEEP and uncheck the box.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the radio on.

Hit APPS, select SETUP, then select GENERAL

Scroll down to BEEP and uncheck the box.
Thanks for that. Seems like an obvious place to look. Not sure how I missed it.

As for the nav voice volume, no way to make music auto duck (or auto dim, or auto lower, etc.) when nav voice prompts occur, huh?

Nav voice must be at a predetermined fixed volume that may or may not be audible over music at a given time? If so, that's kinda lame. :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts