Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello rav4 team.
Not sure if it's an option where you are, but i would like my car side mirrors to fold in when i lock the vehicle and fold out when I unlock the vehicle. Apparently it is what this kit off of ebay does. Has anyone done this before? Looks like it plugs in where the manual side mirror fold button is on the drivers door? Seems pretty straight forward as long as I get the Door LOCK and UNLOCK signal wires right.
s-l1600.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Power folding mirrors would be required for this to work, wouldn't work on a vehicle with manual folding mirrors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes of course... It has power folding mirrors but they have to be manually operated using a button on the drivers door.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello rav4 team.
Not sure if it's an option where you are, but i would like my car side mirrors to fold in when i lock the vehicle and fold out when I unlock the vehicle. Apparently it is what this kit off of ebay does. Has anyone done this before? Looks like it plugs in where the manual side mirror fold button is on the drivers door? Seems pretty straight forward as long as I get the Door LOCK and UNLOCK signal wires right.
View attachment 149311
Do you know where should the two white connectors be connected to?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe it's just a wiring loom that goes into the current plug for the folding mirror button in the drivers door. It works like a harness that goes between the current male and female connector.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I believe it's just a wiring loom that goes into the current plug for the folding mirror button in the drivers door. It works like a harness that goes between the current male and female connector.
Thats what I like to hear - plug n play (asian accent) So game on? Lets find part numbers for the switch and motor for the power folder mirror?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*almost plug and play, still have those three wires to splice into the factory wires for Door lock and unlock signals plus 12v power.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Just an FYI, this doesn't add the power folding mirror feature, it only modifies the current configuration. To my knowledge, the North America RAV4's do not have this feature so there would be no where to plug in this wiring harness modification.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry i should have been clearer. All 2019+ rav4's here in Australia have the powered side mirrors already so this would be a much easier installation compared to those without the powered mirrors already. Excuse the terrible photo, the top right button is to fold in or fold out the mirrors but has to be done manually rather than when the car is locked or unlocked. Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 3.36.13 am.png

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry i should have been clearer. All 2019+ rav4's here in Australia have the powered side mirrors already so this would be a much easier installation compared to those without the powered mirrors already. Excuse the terrible photo, the top right button is to fold in or fold out the mirrors but has to be done manually rather than when the car is locked or unlocked.
Thanks for the photo. Hmm might want the part number for that switch.

·
Registered
200 Posts
mmm, the Ebay link says it fits for 2013-2015 RAV4, not 2019+.

There are some generic kit on amazon but seems not easy to install. It will be much easier to install if your RAV4 already has a manual fold/unfold switch.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Just an FYI, this doesn't add the power folding mirror feature, it only modifies the current configuration. To my knowledge, the North America RAV4's do not have this feature so there would be no where to plug in this wiring harness modification.
Exactly, NA Rav4s don't have power folding mirrors, power folding mirrors are different than NA manual folding mirrors, you would need mirrors from Europe or other country that has power folding mirrors on the Rav4.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Exactly, NA Rav4s don't have power folding mirrors, power folding mirrors are different than NA manual folding mirrors, you would need mirrors from Europe or other country that has power folding mirrors on the Rav4.
I am pretty sure we can cross reference part numbers with similar cars such as Lexus or other Toyota models?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious, if it is set to auto fold with door locks, don’t your door locks auto lock once you are driving a certain mph? Mine does... Might be an issue to consider When I had auto power fold mirrors on my Lexus RX350 SUV (almost identical to RAV4), it was tied to/related to turning ignition on or off My Sequoia I presently have, power folds with a switch only Sure wish Lexus would’ve shared that technology on the Toyota models! So nice to have! My side mirrors are power folding, a defroster, have a turn signal, plus a blind spot warning light so I am betting it would get pretty pricey if one side mirror is damaged and needs to be replaced...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can disable the auto door lock feature. I personally don't use it. I believe these units have an override, though, so that the auto lock when the ignition is on doesn't activate it. That would be annoying! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts