Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just joined as I have recently bought a 2015 rav4 icon in UK. Happy with the car so far but I have searched everywhere for tutorial mod to auto fold the mirrors on lock of the car. I find it annoying that i have to fold the mirrors 1st before I get out so im unable to see cars coming in the mirror. Also I usually switch the ignition off 1st then realise so switch the egnition back on to fold the mirrors. Living in tight streets in the valleys it's handy but would like to to work on lock of the car. I have found 1 tutorial on you tube but it's for older models. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Andy,

My 2017 RAV4 is fitted with a Maxam mirror folder by Toyota Europe Brussels.
The small Maxam box is located in the interior fuse box left down steering wheel.

See following URL: www dot vos dot be + select your English language (EN) in upper right corner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone also have experience with the MAXAM box? Also i would like to have auto folding mirrors for my RAV4H 2016.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Andy, do you the details of that product. Even better would be if you you can make a picture of that unit for my reference. Was is hard to install?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a link to a tutorial and a link to the module in another post, it won't let me share the link as it says I have not made enough posts to include links I'm my message? It is simple if a can get the link to you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. I see the kits on Alibaba, as well as similar kits on a site in Taiwan. However, the kits don't seem to include the mirrors. Did your kit work with the existing mirrors?

It drives me crazy that European and Japanese brands don't offer auto folding mirrors on most cars in the US. They are standard in Japan, even on inexpensive vehicles.

Thanks so much for your advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, the offered kits seems to be quite complicated, require some wiring handling.
Toyota Holland can offer MAXAM automatic mirror folding for Euro 175 (USD 201). In the next service appointment i shall let Toyota Holland take care of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi in the UK the car comes with electric folding mirrors but they have to be switched on and off from within the car when the ignition is on.. the
auto folding mirror module will fold the mirrors automatically when the car is locked/ unlocked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts