Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canada -- Just got my 2016 AWD LE with the Upgrade Package yesterday. I love it so far. One thing I noticed is that it does have a timer to turn off the headlights automatically. However the stupid beep sound also goes off, when you turn off the car, remove the keys and open the door. Is there anyway to turn off the beep/alarm indicating that the headlights are still on, considering the timer is set to automatically turn them off. I upgraded from the 2011 and I left my headlights on all the time, and they just turned off automatically, without the warning. Is there a setting that I am missing? Or am I SOL?

·
Registered
110 Posts
As far as I know for my 2014 AWD LE. I leave the lowbeams on, yes it does beep. I just shut the door. Press the lock once and in whatever time you set it shuts off. Or double press the lock button to just immediately turn off the headlights. Don't think the beep can be turned off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did the same on my 2011 but without the beep. To me the beep seems pointless if the timer is set.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Several of the non-safety related beeps, honks and interior auto light timing, etc. can be adjusted with the Techstream software that the dealer uses. Next time you are at the dealer ask if they can silence that feature.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts