Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It annoys me that the doors do not lock automatically, I'd like them to do that. According to the Toyota technical website, the system is capable for unlocking and locking the doors controlled by the ignition key.

Unfortunately, there was no technical documentation on this and when i talked to the dealer, he was looking at me if I was coming from mars.

Anyone had this issue straightened out?

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Sorry, but It's not an option in the customize parameters list, the topic has been thoroughly thrashed before. An aftermarket device is available, but I don't know if anyone has tried it yet.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have downloaded the technical documents and it is clearly stated that it has that function.

I am aware of that it is not on the list you're talking about.

here:

Key-linked Lock and
Unlock Function
This function which is linked with the key cylinder can lock or unlock
all the doors when a lock or unlock operation is effected.
Key Confine
Prevention Function
When the key is inserted in the ignition key cylinder with the driver’s
and front passenger’s door open and if you perform the door lock
operation, all the doors will be unlocked.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
SUVbuff73 said:
I have downloaded the technical documents and it is clearly stated that it has that function.
SUVbuff73 - Can you provide the EXACT docutment you've copied this from?

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
this is NOT a feature of the Rav. Like Quick says. What you are reading is this(I think)...

If the drivers door is physically open and the key is in the ignition all the doors wil unlock..??
I know definetly that it is not what you thik it is..

SUVbuff73 said:

I am aware of that it is not on the list you're talking about.

here:

Key-linked Lock and
Unlock Function
This function which is linked with the key cylinder can lock or unlock
all the doors when a lock or unlock operation is effected.
Key Confine
Prevention Function
When the key is inserted in the ignition key cylinder with the driver’s
and front passenger’s door open and if you perform the door lock
operation, all the doors will be unlocked.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I disagree. I interpret it as it is connected and can perform unlock and lock operations. that is all.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that I copied from the 2006 rav4 technical document i downloade by signign up for TIS.

so if it has the feature, there must be a way to enable it.

just like you should be able to raise the windows up to 45s later the ign. key is removed. guess what not functioning.

just like auto off lights should work in such a way that by pressing the door lock button on the remote shuld turn the lights off even if you left it on. guess what it doesn't work like that.

I guess dealers do a louzy job. first of all they should ask you about these option beforhand, coz you habve no idea they exist and leave it at your discretion if you want those to be enabled or not.

but they want you to go back and pay them a fee.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
You need to press the lock button twice to turn the headlights off...or wait for 30 seconds and they turn off by themselves.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i can keep pressing it as many times I want it. Next time I'll bring it to the attention of the service tech. they better not charging me to enable it.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Print the Customize Parameters for em and have other programming done at the same time. I had them set all doors to unlock with one press of unlock and had them turn off the beeps when locking and unlocking.

There was no charge for the reprogramming.

Donno what's up with the lights not turning off with 2 unlocks, something else must be wrong, that's not an option in the customize parameters.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I do not think you are following suv.. Those features are sopossed to work on your truck.. but don't.. The auto door locking is NOT a feature.. whether it works or not.. Its like saying that auto on headlights do not work on my Rav.. well yea.. Because its not sopossed too.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually all RAV4's in the US come with auto head lights off feature.

LIGHT AUTO TURN-OFF SYSTEM
 The light auto turn-off system is standard equipment on all models.
 When the headlights and taillights are illuminated through the operation of the light control switch, if the
ignition switch is turned OFF and all the doors are closed, this system continues to illuminate the
headlights and taillights for approximately 30 seconds, and then turns OFF the headlights. However, with
all the doors locked, when the lock button on the wireless remote control is pushed, the headlights and
taillights are turned OFF immediately.
 When the ignition switch is turned OFF and the driver’s door is opened with the taillights on, this system
automatically turns them off.
 This system is controlled by the main body ECU.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok I was thinking of auto off feature. It is easy to set up the auto headlight, all you need is a photodiode and a relay..l

·
Registered
24 Posts
Curious...

Not sure if this has already been discussed in the autolock threads. On my RAV4 Limited, when the front doors are locked, and you pull on the door handle, it will automatically unlock and open the door at the same time.

Now if that was by design, wouldn't it make most sense that it was designed to compliment an autolock feature?

I recall a while ago when driving my Mom's '03 Camry. Her car has an autolock feature, and the front doors unlock and open when pulling on the handle.

What do you think? Did Toyota forget something?

-day19

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I read this 4 times and cannot figure out what you are saying.. Our Rav does same thing when you pul on an inside door handle. It allows you to leave without opening the rest of the doors by hitting the power lock button?? . It that what you are saying?

day19 said:
Curious...

Not sure if this has already been discussed in the autolock threads. On my RAV4 Limited, when the front doors are locked, and you pull on the door handle, it will automatically unlock and open the door at the same time.

Now if that was by design, wouldn't it make most sense that it was designed to compliment an autolock feature?

I recall a while ago when driving my Mom's '03 Camry. Her car has an autolock feature, and the front doors unlock and open when pulling on the handle.

What do you think? Did Toyota forget something?

-day19

1 - 20 of 27 Posts