Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this was mentioned in another post but I couldn't find it so I figured it might be worth repeating.

I finally tested the auto off headlights. Basically, they shut off after 30 seconds whether you lock the car or not.

They also shut off if you hit the lock button twice.

I also believe that they do not turn on if it's too bright out. Still checking that one.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks flyingn. Could of swore I was standing in front of it when it was running and the headlights weren't on when the switch was on.

Guess it was too bright out.... :shock: 8)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Snowserpent said:
I just wish they would come on by themselves. :(
Hmmmmmmmm ...... I must be missing something. Just leave your lights on and they will come on. Won't they?

It just means they'll be on during the daylight also. With the running lights already on what's the differnce? :?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think if you left your lights on all the time then you'd also have the tail-lights on all the time too. Unless the Rav does something with turning them off during the day I'm not aware of? I would prefer not to drive around with all my lights on during the day.

The auto-on headlights that come on at dusk should've been a standard feature on all the Rav 4.3's. I'm sure the light sensing sensor and few feet of wire would've cost Toyota nill to include.

It's true it's not a deal breaker that they aren't there but if you've had them with a prior vehicle you'd know what your missing. Several times I've forgotten to switch my lights on in underground parking garages because I haven't gotten used to them not coming on by themselves. The always on dash lights are what throws me off thinking they are on. Those garages have light in them but not bright enough for people parking to spot you driving up the lanes. My truck I traded in for the Rav had the auto-on and I sure miss em...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with you they should be standard on all cars by now or at least a switch that enables it. I have it on my other car ya never have to think about the lights.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Janos said:
This does not work on mine. I have a 4x4 Base, the FOB is without the side LED. But lights do go out by themselves.
{Edit: I have to retract this post, because:
1. Actually, double-tapping the lock works. It's just tricky to get right.
2. Yes, I have the LED. Being stupid here as usual.}

·
Premium Member
6,703 Posts
zaitcev said:
Janos said:
This does not work on mine. I have a 4x4 Base, the FOB is without the side LED. But lights do go out by themselves.
My headlights go off if I hit the lock button twice. I also have the RS3200 security system, which has an LED if that's whatcha mean, if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
179 Posts
zaitcev said:
Janos said:
This does not work on mine. I have a 4x4 Base, the FOB is without the side LED.
I have the Base also, no special security system, and it works. The LED is not on the side of the FOB; see pic below. You don't have the same key??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts