Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just traded the wifes 00 celica gt for an 02 rav4. one of the things she misses is that she didnt have to turn the headlights on or off on the celica. is there a mod for the rav4 for this?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
If she really, really misses it you could probably find a way to transplant the light sensor and module necessary to do that out of a wrecked Celica or something. But it certainly wouldn't be the easist mod to do unless you're very comfortable with wiring.

I don't think even the Canadian DRL equipped RAVs have this option do they?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually it's simpler than that. the celica's headlights are ALWAYS on, the only sensor involved is one that turns the dash backlighting on and off. it would probably be fine just to have the dash and headlights turn on when you start the car and turn off when you shut off the car.

i just noticed you have a celica..... perhaps i don't know how the headlights work afterall (i didnt drive it all that often :)). but the solution i mentioned should be fine.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The Celica has Daytime Running Lights AND auto-on/off lights.

So either the DRLs(dimmed high beams) or the low beams were on when you turn the car on and put it in gear.

There's a light sensor on the dash right by the windshield that tells it to turn the DRLs off and the lowbeams on when it gets dark enough.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have this neat little device that I've had for years, it's called my hand; actually I've got two of them. It's so state of the art that all I have to do is think about turning the headlights on and off, and my hand does the job. I didn't have to install anything, and it was free.

:lol:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I guess automatic headlights were developed to give drivers one less item to have to think about so they can devote their entire thought process to talking on their cell phone. :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lights off automatically

I want the opposite. My other car shuts off the lights automatically after I take the key out. How do I make it so that the lights switch off when take the key our or maybe when you turn off the engine?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts