Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it's possible to put an auto starter on a 2017 Rav4 Hybrid? I hear it would void the warranty if you tried from another site? I know the fob acts as a security feature to some extent, but here in chilly Buffalo, NY an auto starter would be nice in winter and for air in summer, especially in the darker Galactic Aqua Mica...?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the same doubt when I bought my 2013 RAV4, but I was told that it won't. There isn't a lot involve on it. they needed indeed one of my extra keys to install together with the starter, so to trick the car that the key was in the ignition. So, what I meant is they don't need to dismantle the whole car for it.

Not sure what's involved in the hybrids, but I guess is a similar procedure. I have being taking my car countless of times to the dealer, and they have never complain about it. and here is almost a must to have a starter in the car. BTW, the dealer could have install it too, but they were more expensive for the same starter, than the local shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts