Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get Auto down to work but not Auto up.

Is there a chance the LE's don't have auto up feature?

Thanks.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
I can get Auto down to work but not Auto up.

Is there a chance the LE's don't have auto up feature?

Thanks.
That is correct, Toyota removed a lot of nice features from the LE which were present on the 4.3 Base model to save a few nickles and dimes. For example, variable intermittent wipers, sliding visor extensions, and the auto up driver's side window.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
That is correct, Toyota removed a lot of nice features from the LE which were present on the 4.3 Base model to save a few nickles and dimes. For example, variable intermittent wipers, sliding visor extensions, and the auto up driver's side window.
I've got auto-up and auto-down on my pool van at work.

Honestly, I hate it.

Auto-down is okay, if it overshoots I can at least roll it back up to where I want it.
The van is a PITA if I don't want it all the way up or down.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
I've got auto-up and auto-down on my pool van at work.

Honestly, I hate it.

Auto-down is okay, if it overshoots I can at least roll it back up to where I want it.
The van is a PITA if I don't want it all the way up or down.
It works great on the RAV if you use a little finesse. The switch can be pushed down to the first detent, which is manual down. The glass will stop when you release it. If you push it all the way down, it goes into auto mode.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, sometimes the manual doesn't make it obvious what the car has or doesn't, good to know. Is there somewhere that has a list of ALL differences in models? I felt like I'd explored the differences between LE and XLE as much as I could but keep finding more differences. I suppose smaller brakes is the biggest letdown b/c seems like safety could be an issue. I'd thought they are the same car physically and going with the LE instead of XLE was giving up luxuries I didn't really need........ sunroof, etc.

These are the differences as described by Toyota: "2015 Toyota RAV4 LE vs 2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE: The LE and XLE share the same high quality design; however, the XLE has a few extra design features, including an upgraded cloth interior, integrated fog lights, silver-highlighted lower grille, dual-zone automatic climate control, moonroof and alloy chrome wheels (compared to the steel wheels of the LE). The XLE also comes standard with roof rails, which are an optional feature on the LE."

So we can add to that:

--smaller brakes on LE
--variable intermittent wipers
--sliding visor extensions
--auto up driver's side window
--heated door mirrors
--turn signal indicator mirrors

Anything else?

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, that does seem to give a more full list than I remember seeing on the Toyota website specs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts