1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey, Zoomie, just to let you know..the SFRSCCA Autocross events are usually members only events so you'd have to have a membership before you can enter. Now, if it were the beginning of the year, it might be worth it, but with only two events to go? Basically, you're gonna be paying your membership dues and then the event fees. However, maybe they changed, but I'd go check with the event organizers first. Me, I'm waiting for more dirt. However, we could probably schedule some kinda Mod day thing early next year. I know most people will probably be busy during the holiday season, but maybe after New Years we could do a get together and help each other out with modifications to our cars.

R

·
0 Posts
Lets have our own autcross, Get some cones, and get an empty parking lot with permission, then go for it. FREE hahahaha

·
Registered
396 Posts
You guys should try the road to Mt Hamilton and James Lick Observatory. It's a two lane windy road up and down the mountain with alot of sharp low speed curves. I get sick sometimes driving up the thing. Kinda like your own little mountain autocross.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Free autocross sounds good. but the reason we need the established events is:

1. they got the cool time clock thingy.
2. maybe a bit safer.
3. much larger turnout since it's a national club. (this one's the biggy)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Slayer said:
You guys should try the road to Mt Hamilton and James Lick Observatory. It's a two lane windy road up and down the mountain with alot of sharp low speed curves. I get sick sometimes driving up the thing. Kinda like your own little mountain autocross.
Noooooo thank youuuuu.... i went there on july and a friend was driving my boyfriend's camry... i just had jack in the box... the guy was going pretty fast on the curves... i got sick... we stopped... i puked :( .

That road is a little too much for the RAV, i think. This friend was planning on getting a Subary Impreza STI (i think) and after driving to the Lick Observatory, he got it. He loved those curves and sharp U turns. No thank you :roll: :p

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ha, ha. That's the first place my friends dragged me off to when I was first learning how to drive. Really makes you think how to take the turns. Only took my Rav up there once..it was a bit wet and foggy so I couldn't really test out the Rav when I went up there. Ron and Brian would probably have a field day up their with the suspensions.

R

·
0 Posts
hehehe...well here in SAN JOSE, theres a HWY 9 (saratoga) to skyline . Curvy mountain roads, and i drive there quite often with my firneds, they drive Mazda 6, BMWs, Subaru STI, Nissan 240sx. all that good stuff, I do quite well, i can hit about 80 in a 35 zone.
ONly drive at night, becuase no cars and all car racers drive up there at night.
My suspension and tires all play a great differnce.

YUp !!

THANKS REG for the DVD. i got it today and it was great. hahaha
i stopped work for like 15 min just to view it over and over again. GOt a little bit of trouble. :D :D :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
Glad you guys liked it. Definitely need to get extra batteries and film next time so I can put in more footage from other parts of the meet. We need to bring our significant others so they can be our video/camera people. :wink: :wink:

Highway 9? That's the road that goes up to Castle Rock Mountains, isn't it? If it is, yeah, I've been there before years ago for camping and 10K runs. Never went back there after the one time I tried a half marathon and my body hit the wall. Ugh. I could barely step on the gas coming home. :shock: :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts