Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this on Youtube and sent it to the Autoglym website, but no answers yet. Have a look. Besides the obvious... any ideas?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,330 Posts
So the old bottle of Autoglym is a thick green gel, and the new bottle you just bought is a thin, runny, blue liquid that looks like Windex? I would give them a call, usually there is a phone number on the bottle. It may be a bad batch that they should recall.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I purchased a bottle from Canadian Tire within the last 2 months. It was the green gel, but since this was my first purchase, I don't know if that was normal or not.

Have you purchased more than one bottle, or was the near empty one in your video also your first purchase?

I can confirm that the green gel does work very well though.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,330 Posts
OK, maybe it just separated on the shelf. Does the label say "Shake well before using" or something like that?

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
Never used the product but that looks like a refund in the making. Other You Tube videos show it as a green gel.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
OK, maybe it just separated on the shelf. Does the label say "Shake well before using" or something like that?
The instructions do say to shake well.

I have not used my bottle for about a week. Today I removed the top and was able to pour out about 1/4 tsp of a watery liquid. The liquid wasn't blue as in Rolltide's video, but it was a lighter shade of green than the gel normally is.

Perhaps Rolltide purchased some very old stock.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shook the crap outta the bottle before hand. Sent the video link to head office... just waiting to see if they reply. Can't return the bottle. Lost the receipt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.