Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure why, But I know my mothers 4runner and even my old civic Locked its doors when you started up the engine. Is there a way to turn this on for my rav4?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
This might sound like a dumb question, but just to make sure, do have keyless entry installed for sure? When I bought my car, it didn't have it installed and I paid extra for it, although mine was just a quick order package, not the L like yours.

Miriam.

·
Registered
50 Posts
j.Ngo said:
I'm not sure why, But I know my mothers 4runner and even my old civic Locked its doors when you started up the engine. Is there a way to turn this on for my rav4?
Do you have the manual for the alarm system that came on your 'L'? It lists in the instruction how to do it, if you cant find it let me know and I can scan that page and post it here or type out the instructions.

Mike

Oops I didnt see you have a 05, I have a 98 the instructions probably arent the same sorry.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the manual for the alarm system that came on your 'L'? It lists in the instruction how to do it, if you cant find it let me know and I can scan that page and post it here or type out the instructions.

Mike
Yes my manual doesnt anything about the auto Locking/Unlocking feature. And my car does come with keyless entry. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
what is the rationale of having the lock activate automatically?

if you get in an accident and get knocked unconscious, wouldn't it be more trouble for the rescuers to extricate you out of the vehicle?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out the TSBs section here on RAV4WORLD. May be of some help.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Yep... listed under "All Models" -
RS3000 TVIP Automatic Door Lock Feature Programming (PDF) AX005-00 (April 2000)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But does that also apply to the 4.2 system? (ie RS3200)

Similarly there is a TSB speaking of enabling/disabling DRLs but it is for the 4.1 system. Since the Canadian RAVs have em, I wouldn't think they would remove them from the US ones but who knows.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

if you get in an accident and get knocked unconscious, wouldn't it be more trouble for the rescuers to extricate you out of the vehicle?
I believe the auto locking feature is more of a safety feature to prevent "car-jackings". If some of you do not know what "car-Jackings" are, it is when theives open up your door at a stoplight and force you from your car. Many resort to violence to remove you from your car. :cry:

As you mentioned above George, it is not a good feature to have if you are knocked unconscious in an accident. :shock:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I was thinking it Keeps the kids in the car. But for the 2006 model they should have an Auto Unlocking feather when the airbags Pop. :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Kelly,

Although it is listed under "All Models", does this apply to 4.2 models?

Kelly Smith said:
Yep... listed under "All Models" -
RS3000 TVIP Automatic Door Lock Feature Programming (PDF) AX005-00 (April 2000)

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
You're right. Appears when that TSB came out... it did apply to all models, but that was back in 2000.

Anybody try the procedure on their 4.2 model?

Let me know if it DOESN'T work on the 4.2 so I can move the TSB to the proper catagory.

Thanks!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been trying it lately, however it appears to not be working. I'm going to bring it to the dealer and see what they do.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[email protected] wrote:

I believe the auto locking feature is more of a safety feature to prevent "car-jackings". If some of you do not know what "car-Jackings" are, it is when theives open up your door at a stoplight and force you from your car. Many resort to violence to remove you from your car.

As you mentioned above George, it is not a good feature to have if you are knocked unconscious in an accident.
With the doors locked in the event of an accident, it would be less hazardous to the passengers. With the doors unlocked the doors can be forced open easily in a collision which could cause much more serious injuries than if they stayed closed

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it seems I dont have an alarm system, Just keyless entry. So that Nice feature of Auto Locking/Unlocking doors won't be working for me unless i upgrade. =(

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kelly Smith said:
You're right. Appears when that TSB came out... it did apply to all models, but that was back in 2000.

Anybody try the procedure on their 4.2 model?

Let me know if it DOESN'T work on the 4.2 so I can move the TSB to the proper catagory.

Thanks!
I have the "add-on" RS3200 system and very few of the programming procedures work on it. The programs work on my Tacoma, tho.

I re-wired my passenger door lock to unlock the same as my driver door, as opposed to pushing the button a second time for the passenger door to unlock. My wife got tired of busting her fingernails on the door handle because it wouldn't unlock with the first push of the button.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Slayer said:
Hey, what size tires did you put on those 20's if you don't mind my asking? Just wondering if you kept the same tire/wheel size ratio as factory or you just went and tried to fill the wheel well?
They're Falken Azenis 245/40R20's... Exactly the same diameter as my factory tires.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts