Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a 2016 Rav4 Limited trim and loved it so far except for a minor gripe that I'm not sure is common with this vehicle or a defect. A quick google search and digging through this forum hasn't turned up any similar issue so I hope someone out there would see this post and help me out.
I've noticed that whenever I lock the car with the keyfob, the headlight (which is turned to "Auto" on the stalk) would turn on. In most cars, pressing the lock buttons twice with the keyfob would turn off the headlight; but mine wouldn't turn off, in fact, it just seems to reset the 30 secs timer in which the headlights would automatically turn off afterward.
The manual that came with the car offered no solutions to this, neither does the settings menu in the infotainment system. I'm not sure if this is a defect with the auto settings on my car or it's common, but my dad's 2010 Camry's headlights turn off with double pressing the keyfob so it baffles me on why the Rav4 wouldn't.
I know this is a minor problem that probably not worth complaining about but I live in an apartment complex and I come home from work fairly late so whenever I lock the car the headlight would turn on and stay on for a fairly long amount of time and with the LED headlights of this car being so bright (big pros on my list), I'm afraid it might inconvenience others. Here's hoping someone out there would have the answer to my problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Rav4 XLE and 2020 Rav4 Limited Hybrid
58 Posts
I have 2017 XLE and the headlight does turn off if I press the alarm lock button twice. Strange yours doesn't. I did go into the infotainment system and turn it off all together. So when I park and take the key out, the light shuts off while the stalk is on auto.

I'd take it in and see what the dealer finds esp if you've messed with the settings

Good luck

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Yes it has nothing to do with the auto headlight function. Same as if you leave the manual headlights on when you shut off the car and leave it, they turn off after that period. You set that in the setup screen for lights. They will turn off as soon as you open the door, or after the specified period. Some people like to have them stay on for a bit till they get inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts