Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The automatic lift gate on my 2016 Rav4 used to be able to be opened using the button by the steering wheel with the engine on (Vehicle in Park). Now, instead I only get two beeps. Same issue when trying to open it from outside. I have to turn the vehicle off in order to operate the lift gate. Any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I don't have a 2016, so this is just a guess based on my experience with other models.

The hatch will not open when the doors are locked. If you are inside the car with the engine running, first unlock the doors before attempting to open the hatch.

If you are standing at the hatch with the engine running, I suspect you don't have the key in your pocket so the hatch will not unlock. If the key is in your pocket, then the hatch should unlock and open, and that would blow my theory to heck.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
There are settings in the MID(multifunction information display) for the PBD(power back door) that you may have accidently turned off the instrument panel button, approx. page 116 in the manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts