Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 RAV4 Limited V6
Recently, I had an internal transmission solenoid replaced and the Toyota Master Technician accessed the ECU and toggled numerous things while diagnosing the issue.

Subsequent to that visit, I ended up having to replace a battery due to lights being left on and apparently the automatic lights off feature no longer works. Attempted to turn headlights off with double click on keyfob and waiting 30sec after sitting idle and no-go.

Daytime running lights shut off but NOT headlights - a definite change from the 8 years previous of driving this vehicle.

So, is this a toggle on the ECU for this car or is there something else amiss - Toyota now wants to charge me $75 diagnostic fee for something I'm pretty sure started when the master technician was attempting to diagnose the transmission solenoid issue. Could he have inadvertently toggled a switch he didn't realize. If it is a toggle switch on ECU, should I push to have them waive diagnostic fee, as I have a longstanding relationship with them.

Thanks for the help!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Yes, if they were using Techstream to diagnose the vehicle, it's possible they inadvertently turned off that feature. I would make them fix it and waive the fee. I would not mention leaving the headlights on and replacing the battery.

P.S. You could also have this problem if one of your 5 door switches is bad. This would make the computer think one of the doors has been left open. Or perhaps a fuse was blown when the battery was replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts