Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I hope not

I really hope not, just replaced the downstream Oxygen sensor two weeks ago for a DTC on my drive from from work to home.

·
Registered
119 Posts
For what it's worth I asked Lubegard if I could simply add the product to the existing fluid without removing 10 ounces initially. They confirmed that it could simply be poured in. They
stated the Platinum has more anti wear additives than the red and was the better product for longevity. There was no price difference so I went Platinum.

They were very prompt and professional in responding too. I appreciated that.
You know, BITOG is a funny/interesting place. You'll hear lots of arguing about things over there. One thing I've never heard ANY arguing about is Lubeguard. I might dump some into the new car. Thanks for reminding me about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Too late?

I am the second owner of a 2010 Sport 4wd with a v6 and approximately 95k miles. I don't know if any type of transmission service has ever been done (my hunch is no) and I'm thinking of doing a drain-and-fill. Is it too late? My last vehicle was a Ford Expedition that had a drain/fill/filter change at 120k (maybe the first?) and that dramatically improved some slipping issues.

Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am the second owner of a 2010 Sport 4wd with a v6 and approximately 95k miles. I don't know if any type of transmission service has ever been done (my hunch is no) and I'm thinking of doing a drain-and-fill. Is it too late? My last vehicle was a Ford Expedition that had a drain/fill/filter change at 120k (maybe the first?) and that dramatically improved some slipping issues.

Thanks for any insight!
I did the first drain and fill on ours at about 150K miles. Had no issues before that or after. My recommendation is to use Toyota's oil for it...

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Thanks for any insight!
There's tons of info about that on this site, but here's what I'd do:
Do a drain-and-refill, drop the pan and clean/replace the filter and refill using Toyota WS fluid. Then, perhaps in 5-6 thousand miles, do another drain-and-refill only, no pan drop. You should be good to go.
There is much disagreement on here about drain-and-refill vs flushing. My opinion is no flush. I know of many owners of high mileage cars that developed problems after a flush. YMMV!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

Thanks for any insight!
I suggest you perform a drain, pan drop, filter change, and fill. Fill with some high quality NON Toyota WS Fluid. I used an amsoil synthetic and it worked great for me.

PM I have a brand new WIX oil filter for you. (just pay for shipping). I bought the V6 one when I needed the 4 cylinder version.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts
That's a conversation to be had over a SoCal craft beer ;)
Yes, I drank beer in high school. I still drink beer. I like beer. Sometimes I would drink too many beers. But I've always been a keg half-full kinda guy.
:)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes, I drank beer in high school. I still drink beer. I like beer. Sometimes I would drink too many beers. But I've always been a keg half-full kinda guy.
:)
Hehe, likewise :cool: SoCal has some quite unique flavors and I enjoy sampling them. I'm going down 2 weeks from now to enjoy some :cheers:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Do you still have your calendar from high school days, and recollect every detail after drinking the half keg?:wink

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Do i need to change the filter at 80k or just do drain and fill?

The V6 has a fiber filter which can benefit from a filter change. If you plan on keeping this car for a short time then skip it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done some searching, but I can't find the dimensions for the transmission drain plug crush washer. Can anyone help? I want to order the correct part.

Thanks!

81 - 100 of 117 Posts