Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It arrived today and I picked it up from my local NAPA Store. Opened the box and discovered it does not cover the entire length of the hood and fenders like the manufacturer claimed and it actually a few inches wider on each side of where the OEM version ends. It attaches like the OEM version (plastic "expanders" into existing holes) but from what I can see, you cannot get a towel between the delector and the hood surface without lifitng it up (possibly cracking it) or removing it. The finish is good as is the quality. I'm not satisfied and cannot recommend it. You might as well get the Canadian version or one from BeenoVento (think that's how it's spelled). It's going back this weekend...... :x :cry:

·
Registered
87 Posts
What a bummer. I hate tearing open a new package and then getting a big disappointment. I've got the BeneVento bug guard bookmarked from Amazon but just haven't committed to spending the $99 on it. If I do I hope it fits... :?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been giving the Benevento a look myself. I want to call them up and get the specs for it as well as a picture (the one on this site does not appear to be the actual model. If you look at the entire site, yoou'll see ALL the bugshields look the same). Problem is I cannot find a phone number...... Will keep researching though. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
You think you have problems? I ordered the Canadian Toyota one which is supposed to arrive any minute AND I ordered the BeneVento one also. The BeneVento from ProTrim can take up to a month to purchase from them so I figured what the heck.

I will use the Canadian one and if I like the BeneVento one better I will sell the Toyota version.

I'm thinking I can easily sell one by simply rolling up on a Toyota dealer and finding a new Rav owner.

I also ordered the sunroof deflector from woodtrim. They had one that had the dual flaps on it. Reminded me of a fighter plane, had to have one.

I am also looking for a clear version of the Bug deflector. I mean why stop at this point right?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Know what ya mean! :lol:
I just might keep the Autoventshade and use it until I can get a Benevento model then Ebay the Autoventshade.... What the heck, a little protection is better than none, rite (specially when ya do you know what :shock: :twisted: ) :roll:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Grav let me know what you think of the canadian hood protector, I love the one I bought,it covers the whole hood from headlight to headlight,an you can wax underneath. ,and installation is a breeze.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey movienut, what brand of bug deflector are you so happy with, where can i purchase it and how much? i am anxious to get one mounted....Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
DaZaangit!!! Deflector arrived cracked in half. Geez Canada put some packing material in the box......

What a letdown. I spent the last 10 hrs applying 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax in preparation and it arrived cracked....

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NAH, Tell me it aint true!?! :shock: That really sucks :cry: ! Some frigging jack-ass screwing around :x ! Let us know how it turns out with the dealer or carrier. Who shipped it for ya? UPS or the ever faithful USPS? I got a BeneVento on order thru AB-Tung in New York, 718-519-1985. The ProTrim folks refused to send one to Hawaii so i told them to buzz off. Now I'm worried about the one I just ordered. Hope cousin Lurch aint in the shipping chain :shock: !

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, digitalhearing the hood protector I bought was from Open Road Toyota in Richmond B.C I'ts 105 dollars and it's oem with toyota engraved on the drivers side of the shield. Here's the phone # 604-273-3766, they ship it fed-ex. Good Luck

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey Grav, I have one on order from same Canada shop, they will ship it when they find a good box!

I hope they find a good one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts