Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My current 2009 Rav 4 Limited currently has just the AUX port behind the gear shift and I was wondering if I got one of those AUX and USB parts (like this one Amazon.com: 1xUniversal New Car AUX USB Port Adapter Jack Auto For Toyota Rav4 Camry Yaris Corolla Avalon 86190-0R010 Black AUX USB Adapters: Home Improvement ) if the USB would charge my phone or one of my aux to Bluetooth adaptors I have since the limited doesn鈥檛 have Bluetooth, I can connect my phone to the car but it only works for calls. Mainly just want it so I can use shorter cables just to make it seem a little nicer you know馃槀

Registered
The particular AUX/USB adapter you're looking is meant for vehicles that already have the factory wiring available. The existing AUX wiring may plug into 1/2 of the adapter, but the USB will not work since there's no pre-existing wiring that can be used. You can get something like this that can be installed in a blank port in front of the gear shifter, but you'll need to hardwire it to a 12V source.

Registered

Registered
I ordered this one from AE but still waiting for it. I measured the old cover and took it off and this one should fit. Same dimensions as the one KTL posted and cheaper.

Registered
That looks like the one I got. It fit perfect in the spot in front of the shifter.

Registered
That looks like the one I got. It fit perfect in the spot in front of the shifter.

Probably the same. I also ordered a green led on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts