Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to obtain the readouts of current and temperature from the sensor on the 12v (auxiliary) battery negative post?

A PID, equation etc to use in 'Torque' (or similar app) from the OBD outlet would be ideal.

I guess these are the same 'codes' for all Toyota cars with a 12v battery sensor, but they do not seem to be revealed by Toyota to car owners.

·
Super Moderator
11,071 Posts
I'm sure having that info would only cause confusion and lots of dumb forum posts since 99% wouldn't have any idea how to interpret the data.
Pretty much the same reason they took ammeters off the dash of cars, probably 50+ years ago now.
And oil pressure gauges got replaced by a red light that people think means add oil.

Reactions: Rob_G

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I'm sure having that info would only cause confusion and lots of dumb forum posts since 99% wouldn't have any idea how to interpret the data.
Pretty much the same reason they took ammeters off the dash of cars, probably 50+ years ago now.
And oil pressure gauges got replaced by a red light that people think means add oil.
Oil light, that brings back memories. A friend on mine in high school bought a brand new Mustang II with the V8 engine. He loved doing burnouts. One day he told me that it was time to change the oil since the oil light finally came on. o_O

·
Super Moderator
11,071 Posts
So either you do not know the answer, or you assume that everyone is an idiot, or both?
In any case, I am still interested in the answer if anyone knows it.
As an EE I probably could make sense of it. Since I like all kinds of data it might be interesting but what practical value it would be I don't know.

Maybe someone with Techstream will know if that data is available. I'll follow this thread to see.

·
Super Moderator
11,071 Posts
Does anyone know how to obtain the readouts of current and temperature from the sensor on the 12v (auxiliary) battery negative post?
While my general attitude is the-more-data-the-better I do wonder how you'd use such readouts if you could get them.

Reactions: RobertB
1 - 6 of 6 Posts