·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeay, availability and prices are pretty normal now:

Mobil 1 5qt jug is at $25.47 and rolled back to $22.88
Don't forget any rebates: https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions

Super Tech 5qt jug is at $15.98

Pennzoil need to get in the game!
Mobile 1 does not meet the Resource Conserving requirement , but I have 3 - 5 qt jugs and will use it anyways.The next time I buy will be super tech if mobile 1 doesn't get the certification, I'm sure its just a money thing.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
When I go to the dealership to get my oil changed via Toyota Care, what oil will they be putting in my car?
Same Toyota 0W-16 SN/RC, but from a drum service container.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Same Toyota 0W-16 SN/RC, but from a drum service container.

I wish someone would correct this post.....know one makes or uses 16w-20 oil , its a 0W-16 or 0W-20 weight.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey, Toyota is selling 0W16 drum (220 quarts) at $1,099.44. My dealer showing $746.33 for the drum. https://parts.toyota.com/p/0W16-OIL-DRUM/76193491/00279DRM16.html

Anyone know how may quarts are these two:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Why is this being so over complicated?

Buy the oil at the dealer, approximately $7 ish per quart, obviously meets Toyota requirements, is full synthetic and ready for this...... all Toyota oil, (assuming the particular dealer isn't using some other vendor for a cheaper alternative) is made exclusively by Mobil. Period

·
Registered
519 Posts
That's what I did, at least until the proper Mobil 1 version becomes available at my local discount store or auto store. I can't even get that weight Pennzoil locally yet anyway and ordering oil online is usually a recipe for an oily mess during shipping, at least with my luck ordering anything big with liquids in it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not sure why you'd want Mobil 1 as by design Toyota 0W16 is a full synthetic. So I'm not sure how you'd be better off using Mobil 1.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is. When there was only conventional oil in the past Mobil 1 synthetic was viewed as superior because of lubricating properties and longevity without breakdown. Your vehicle will only use full synthetic 16W and therefore in my opinion spending more yields no benefits over the Toyota oil.

Always remember, if Toyota built this motor and designated this particular oil (made by Mobil for Toyota) as what the dealer should use, you can't go wrong.

It's what I do for a living, I'm not an expert or master tech, but a long time Toyota parts manager.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well, the only reason I buy Mobil 1 is for the price whenever they put it on sale. But yeah, I know Toyota engineers their products for their cars specifically, but they could give us do-it-yourselfers a break and put their oil on sale once in awhile. That would also bring in people to the dealership parts department to possibly up-sell them on other parts and goodies. I mean, I'm even forgoing the free oil changes because I prefer to work on my own vehicles whenever possible, but it IS nice to get a little break on oil prices. I do always buy Toyota oil filters however. The one exception I made was with my last car, the Subaru Crosstrek. For some reason, the factory oil filter had a thin o-ring, even thinner than the original that came on the engine. When you tightened the filter to the recommended specs, the ring would over compress and bring the filter body in contact with the aluminum sealing surface, marring it. I actually resorted to using NAPA filters with their nice big rubber ring for that application.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nope. Live in Oregon, in a relatively small college town. The local Toyota dealership was just bought by a new owner because the old owner retired. I do know the original owner very well because he's my neighbor and I got really nice breaks on cars and parts prices. Now, I'm just another cog in the works of a small local car dealership and I'm sure the new owners have to recoup what they just forked over for their long term investment.

Say, I think you guys are colder than we are right now. It hasn't rained for 3 weeks here. Dry as a bone, which is weird for Oregon. The rain IS coming soon though, hopefully before my landscaping dies of thirst.

81 - 100 of 213 Posts