Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy from British Columbia is one of the funniest guys on YouTube. But he's also very knowledgeable about engineering in general, and explains complex things with humor and *colorful* language. This video is an excellent overview of the OBD II system, why it was devised, and why you shouldn't panic when that CEL shows up. Try not to laugh:

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Good video! I remember when ODBII came out. Other engineers, technicians and car guys like me said, "Wow, now the car is going to diagnose itself so we don't have to go to a dealer or shop to find out what needs done. We'll fix it ourselves and save money." That happened but it had the opposite effect on the general uninformed population. They saw the light and ran straight to the dealer with their credit card in hand. Probably still do.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Love it! Have heard of some that connect to your smartphone, but this one is good for a decent basic model. Nice Mazda3 too...I thought that dash looked familiar...I spent four years behind one.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Love it! Have heard of some that connect to your smartphone, but this one is good for a decent basic model.
Haven't used it yet since I have several other corded ones but I just bought this one: Super Mini Bluetooth OBD2 Android Torque OBDII ELM327 v2.1 Adapter Auto Scanner

Ok, I didn't laugh. What did I win?
You win one of these for $5.75! www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mini-Bluetooth-OBD2-Android-Torque-OBDII-ELM327-v2-1-Adapter-Auto-Scanner/263154871715

1 - 5 of 5 Posts